O/T Ice Road Truckers

reads90

Ok who has been watching Ice Road Truckers. It is on Fox 8 here so be on Sky 1 there back in blighty

Mad totaly mad. Taking a fully loaded Keniworth B double on to a lake of ice and then off roading it across land bits.

And then they have to drive a 15mph and the trip is 300 miles. Would drive me a mad doing 15 mph for 300 miles. Have to do 15 mph so they don't go though the ice as going too fast would do this and stopping would also make them go through the ice

Its interesting ....especially the one where they were hauling 2 tankers of fuel and the second one broke thru the ice

Yeah thats what they call a B double .

Bet he need another pair of trousers. . :lol:

This week they have a storm blow in and TJ goes missing in it.

Somewhere in the Northern Territories Canada.

View from behind as you approach a B Double at 60mph.

120_2042.jpg

View as you decide to go for it, hold your breath and prey nothing, especially another B Double (!)- is coming the other way

120_2043.jpg

If that dosn't scare you, the lumps of ice thrown up by the wheels (North American trucks haven't caught onto Euro Spec 'spray suppresion' equipment) and rattling off the screen, roof and bonnet like machine gun fire certainly will :blink:

Me and the misses have been following it.

The misses said once you add the price of the truck in is the money realy that good for the risk of going trough the ice or hitting head on some of the trailes in a 100t truck.....

sometimes it take 36h to get to a drop the return with out a load for $3000 thats £500 per day if you don't sleep there is eayer ways to make that..

And no she wouldn't let me go for my HGV

Couldn't believe last week's episode with the guy going off to the little-visited mine, via the hardly tested lake, with NO highway support whatsoever! Luckily some kind of tanker came along just at the right time when he couldn't get up the hill!

And the guy with the beard (can't remember his name) - wouldn't want to be within 100 miles of him with the bad luck he has!!!

And the guy with the beard (can't remember his name) - wouldn't want to be within 100 miles of him with the bad luck he has!!!

But you do have to be some kind of tit to run out of diesel in conditions like that in the middle of town.

Its the main thing between life and death

then wonder why the mechanic gets the hump with you

But you do have to be some kind of tit to run out of diesel in conditions like that in the middle of town.

Its the main thing between life and death

then wonder why the mechanic gets the hump with you

Methinks if the cameras weren't there, that would've come to fistycuffs :lol:

when we were out in norway in march we did about 1000 miles on snow and ice at 45 mph but spent the whole time being overtaken often by cars going sidways past you (thats a little worrying i can tell you) but it's when lorrys towing trailers start overtaking you realise you really are going to slow blooby good fun though

mike