THE 2008 EURO CHALLENGE 7-8th June

Mr Nick

THE 2008 SCORPION RACING EURO CHALLENGE 7-8th June 2008

Held at Kirton in Lindsay Quarry. This Event was a great success in 2007, Should be an even better one in 2008 with a 50 entrant limit.

There is quite a bit of intrest from the over seas competitors so get in as soon as possible. There will be the entry cost and forms avalible from thursday 6th Dec on the Scorpion & Xtremelandy Sites.

Cheers

Nick.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All, Just posting our comfirmed entrants for the 2008 Euro Challenge. Looking forward to seeing you all there ;)

Richard Nicholson

Nik Tall

Robert Jones

Darren Cheshire

Steve Lait

Nick Slade

Peter Jackson

Richard Norris

Elwyn Griffiths

Ryan Gethin

John Sales

Carl Hurst

Paul Bass

TBA

Sue Gawne

Kevin Moss

Philon Parpottas

TBA

Andy Nash

TBA

Craig Howard

Malcolm Burman

Mark Gadsby

Rob James

Jim Marsden

Gary Smith

Dave Herrington

John Pinney

Zoltan Guzi

TBA

Simon Madgewick

TBA

Simon Wilkinson

TBA

Clive Billing

TBA

Luke Billing

TBA

Kristian Rooke

Mike Robinson

Alan Kemp

Dafydd Belton

Vincent Taverne

Frederick Van Durkman

Glyn Yates

Barrie Gee

Steve Marlow

TBA

Phil Day

Brian Clegg

Eric Toyne

James Toyne

Dave Crossman

TBA

Dave Sharp

Malcolm Thurston

Andrew Jackson

Matthew Clarke

Cliff Packer

TBA

Luke Ward

Loz Ward

Peter Gibbs

Kevin Tabbener

John Fair

Tracy Harrold

Dominic Flintley

Jemma Westwood

Oliver Broussart

Eric Magniez

Maxime Blanquart

Antoine Blanquart

J-Daniel Hembert

Bruno Magnier

Justin Degan

Gary Sprigmore

Mark England

Paul Hutchings

Steve Jeffries

TBA

As i cant re edit this post the TBA Co-Drivers will be updated on xtremelandy and scorpion sites.

I spoke to Colin last night and the event is now full so I’m on the reserve list, however I’ve not filled in an entry form yet.

Think I might be co-drive for Simon Wilkinson instead, but when I spoke to him last night he did not know he was entered until he saw his name on the list :lol:

I assume that everyone on the list has filled in an Entry form and paid a deposit?

Tis interesting to watch some of these men of priciples who see the orange carrot :rolleyes:

Boothy,

I think you might find that your talking B*lloxs :lol:

Most, if not all of the guys on that list have shown polite intrest (After they were called) in the event and nothing more.........

I would be shocked if any have paid a deposit or filed an entry form.

Be intresting to see if it happens, and you have to admit it's great timing. It does not clash with anything here or abroad (maybe Ladoga, but i'm unsure of the dates :unsure: )

People do have choice, and i would not judge those that have found there names in print on an entry list, for an event where they have not yet SEEN an entry form ! nevermind sent forms or money.

I have no axe to grind and will watch with intrest.

Kind regards

Jim

Ps: Boothy look at the bright side, your names not down :lol:

"Ps: Boothy look at the bright side, your names not down "

It was not intended to be or meant to be, thanks Jim, if all goes to plan I will cruising in the Med and not thinking about you, and hopefully looking into clearer water.

Talking B*lloxs, if the cap fits, then I will wear it,

"Ps: Boothy look at the bright side, your names not down "

It was not intended to be or meant to be, thanks Jim, if all goes to plan I will cruising in the Med and not thinking about you, and hopefully looking into clearer water.

Talking B*lloxs, if the cap fits, then I will wear it,

Got over your fear of boat's!!! :rolleyes:;):lol:

Adrian

The boat in question was roughly the size of one of my a**e cheeks and it was minus 5 degrees and was no comparison to a 75 000 tonne ocean going cruiser, it looked like a suicide mission and a chance for an early grave, and I was not the only coward, you know us V8 men and water and that was no exception.

As you are no doubt aware I have no problem with Colin and co and was happy to send a Xmas card to wish them all well, I have bought and will continue to buy of them with no resevations whatsoever, and wish them good luck in their series of competitions, more the merrier.

Looks like there's more than just the frost biting.

Hi all, can i just say that the form filling in and the deposit paying isn't law ! This isn't the DVLA, your not buying a car. If we've had a call from you or if you have had an invite from us thats cool by me to give you a place in the challenge. We would hope that people would be honest enough to pay on the strength of there good names within our sport. I have spoke to Simon and i'm asured by him that his name stays on the list Chris.

Hi all, can i just say that the form filling in and the deposit paying isn't law ! This isn't the DVLA, your not buying a car.

oooooooooooooooooohh! :blink:

Nick, it's your event, you can organise it how you like. Being associated with Scorpion Racing, you've got to expect the odd comment on here and cope with it if you want to post your events on here. Neil did, and accepted that the comments would come.

Just some advice from experience of doing this before. If you don't get people to fill out forms and paying deposit/full entry fee way in advance you suddenly get a higher number with broken trucks etc nearer the time of the event. People still break their truck and can't compete, but it's funny how it's a lot less in numbers if you ask for a deposit etc well in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

We have now opened the Euro to 50 Entrants. There is 6 places left for entrants. If you are intrested please call Scorpion for Details.

Also Safety Devices are joining the 2008 Scorpion Racing Euro Challenge Sponsors and are putting up a Limited Edition Challenge Roll Cage as a prize for the overall winners.

A special plate will be fitted to the roll cage with the 2008 Euro Challenge Champions engraved on it.

Safety Devices will also provide all of the 2008 Scorpion Racing trophies for all events.

Thanks

Nick

I can understand someone else doing the trophies as Scorpian don't appear to be able to produce them, as I am still awaiting my trophy from last years event.

:(

We have now opened the Euro to 50 Entrants. There is 6 places left for entrants. If you are intrested please call Scorpion for Details.

Also Safety Devices are joining the 2008 Scorpion Racing Euro Challenge Sponsors and are putting up a Limited Edition Challenge Roll Cage as a prize for the overall winners.

A special plate will be fitted to the roll cage with the 2008 Euro Challenge Champions engraved on it.

Safety Devices will also provide all of the 2008 Scorpion Racing trophies for all events.

Thanks

Nick

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Pigster, Even though i had nothing to do with last years series, I will look into this for you if you want ? Quote me if i'm wrong but i think Scorpion was only the Sponsor / i.e only paid for but not supplied such items.

Cheers

Nick

• 1 month later...