Changing diff ratios

streaky

I'm running 165/75-R16 BFG AT's on the Disco.

Soon the diffs are coming out to fit the front and rear ARB lockers.

Whilst I've got everything out I've decided to change the ratio rings to 4.10's.

Who's the suppliers of these rings?

Can anyone see any probems running them with ARB's? I can't think of a reason why not.

Thx.

S.

KAM mmmm ask Lara about Kam

Ashcrofts=quality/service/back up

Thanks Tony....I need to order today by phone though. I have a consignment leaving UK to which I will add the rings & pinions.

Reading the KAM site they seem to know a thing or two about this stuff and they did mention 'another company' who are also in the same game who pinched one of KAMs designs and hadn't quite got it right yet or they weren't so strong as the KAM version.

Now...that could be marketing waffle because we all know of Ashcrofts superb track record.

Would you care to comment of Lara's experiance with KAM if it's not a long drawn out affair.

Appreciate it....thx,

S.

I spoke to Ashcrofts this morning and placed my order for 2 sets of 4.1:1 ring & pinion sets. Four hundred and something for the pair...not bad. Way cheaper than KAM I must say.

10 quid freight from Luton to Cricklewood and FOC in a parts consignment coming to Dubai this weekend. Job jobbed!

I'm running 4.75's from Ashcroft's.............. bl**dy low geared with a 1.4 t/box :o:lol: but give's me 2 sett's of ratio's offroad :P;)

That's interesting. Ashcroft weren't doing them when I wanted a set (too weak and not enough demand...) so I bought KAM which I've got no complaints about. GBR was an expensive option I didn't pursue.

GBRs 4.75s are strong, ended (not a omni "one pattern will do for front and rear" gear cut a la Rover stylee) and dont need a spacer as they were designed specifically to fit a 3.54 diff - pricier but well worth the pennies IMO. No hassles with shipping, the last set I bought were waiting for me at work 3 days later.

'ours' are the GBR ones, we did a swap for some 4.11's,

I don't have loads of experience with them but all things being equal the lower the ratio the weaker they are so we prefer to supply them 'pegged' where possible,

and as mentioned they are reverse cut for the front,

only sold a few pairs but no failures yet !

anyone know a place for them 4.75 ring an pinions for a salisbury apart from kam?

if my theory is rite then i wuld b on near enuf factory gearing wen running 35's on 4.75 through a disco t-box, but end up with dead nice crawler gearing in low box.

JJ

'ours' are the GBR ones, we did a swap for some 4.11's,

I don't have loads of experience with them but all things being equal the lower the ratio the weaker they are so we prefer to supply them 'pegged' where possible,

and as mentioned they are reverse cut for the front,

only sold a few pairs but no failures yet !

Don't say that............ :(:unsure: