Inconsiderate hikers!

sgnas

And these are the competent people who thought it was a good idea to ban recreational off roading on the counrtys Rupps and Byways .

I bet if they were stranded in the back of beyond they would love to see a 4x4 vehicle .

One choice 7 letter word starting with W

One couple wanted a helicopter because they were late for a dinner party.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

oh PLLLEEASE

I do wonder about some people, ' im late for dinner, - sod the poor people who put their lives at risk to come out', or the fact that somebody somewhere will be really suffering because they have to wait because i called the service out as my ankles hurt ....

Notice the BBC terminology ……………………..’ Hikers’ ……….. :rolleyes:

Now if it were drivers then the beeb would use ‘4x4 drivers ’ and not ‘drivers’………………:angry:

The title of thread on here should be renamed ‘inconsiderate Ramblers’ or even ‘inconsiderate bobble hats’ ………….because that is what the article alludes to……

Come on guys…play these folk at their own game…………….

Rant over…………

:)

Ian

Here people can get charged for the cost of their rescues although at least in my state, a hunting or fishing license has a fee in it's price which can cover the cost. I remember driving up a 13 mile trail to see some remarkable rock formations. About 9 miles up, the hiking trail joined back up with the trail. A man was standing there, waving us down. He needed a ride. He was from California(sea level) hiking at 9500 feet elevation, had almost nothing with him and it was already 2:00 P.M. and he hadn't even reached the formation. We picked him up and drove up the trail. He was so exhausted that he just stayed in the car while we hiked the last mile to the rocks. We drove him back down and he gave us $20 for our trouble.

I was once a "hiker". Did lots of walking, climbing and scrambling in the mountains.

One time we were on the top around Haweswater in low cloud and drizzle. As we walked we heard a faint cry of "help, help" some where off the footpath. I walked towards the cry and a 6'4" tall guy came stumbling towards me on two walking sticks (the cripple type, not the modern"walker accessory"). He had a tiny woman with him, both in thier 50's. He had severe arthitis, god knows how he got up there but they were well and truly lost.

I carried his pack, and mine and helped him down the steep bits. It took us 3 hours to get down, should have been 45 mins. Gave him a lift to his car 5 miles away. When they got out they never said thanks, kiss my arse or nothing. When my wife got into the front seat, it was filthy where he had sat in his wet and muddy clothes.

They were up there trying to find an eagles nest which had been reported in some twitchy rag!!!