4x4 adventures

david1701

Hi all

I'm just getting into offroading (or i will be post exams) and am based in north cornwall, as far as i can tell theres not a lot of activity other then greenlaning I used to go to pay and plays near brands hatch with my brother, and was wondering if there was an equivelant in hte south west. 4x4 adventures seems to look like a good bet with their daily driver challenges as a way to get into it, just wondering if anyone has done one or done anything with 4x4 adventures, or does anything else in the southwest.

Cheers David

Hi David,, welcome to the mad house !! :ph34r:

Yep, done most of James's events, would say the best way to get involved, is on one of his drive round days, you can then fine out more info, on the other types of events, both his and others

Think he has one space left on the 20 Feb run see DRD Here

Drop JST a PM on here - he is Mr 4x4 adventures.

Apart from being short and an ex soldier I cannot recommend his services highly enough!! :lol:

He runs drivng days through to really tough winch challenges and also does driver training so he would be a good place to start.

Welcome to the forum David ,

Yes 4x4 Adventures comes highly recomended from me , He caters for all needs regarding events that is , from newcomers to the more seasoned off roader. And the atmosphere at the events makes everyone welcome .

Mind you that JST bloke is a good ole chap as well ,although as Bish said Hes ex army .

I can fully recommend any event by 4x4 Adventure's, Whatever level it is James will look after you!

One word of warning tho, be a bit careful if James tries getting you on your own :moglite: :moglite: :moglite:, We dont think Lardy will ever recover after the last time James got hold of him!!!!!

Hi all

I'm just getting into offroading (or i will be post exams) and am based in north cornwall, as far as i can tell theres not a lot of activity other then greenlaning I used to go to pay and plays near brands hatch with my brother, and was wondering if there was an equivelant in hte south west. 4x4 adventures seems to look like a good bet with their daily driver challenges as a way to get into it, just wondering if anyone has done one or done anything with 4x4 adventures, or does anything else in the southwest.

Cheers David

Hi david

I dont know what type of offroading you are looking to do, but as you are down that way you could try cornwall and devon land rover club

www.cornwallanddevon-landroverclub.co.uk

thay do RTV's and CCV's once a month. and some greenlaning I miss most of there cornwall RTV's as i'm too far up and work 7 days a week so cant get the work done and get there in time. but your in a much better location to do most if not all. but RTV's may not be your thing.

Tim

thankyeee for all the info, the leaf and coil lot look interesting.

Has anyone had anything to do with the mid-devon mudpluggers, they looked like a fun group but i never got any email replies.

I tried to get in touch with them, with only limited success.

I have been on several of JSTs drive around days and found them to be really good - he's very friendly and helpful - don't let any of the army related comments put you off!

I tried to get in touch with them, with only limited success.

I have been on several of JSTs drive around days and found them to be really good - he's very friendly and helpful - don't let any of the army related comments put you off!

As ^^^^ Jos said...

Just got home from one of his Drive Round Days... I was riding shotgun for a friend who has only had his truck for a few weeks- he absolutely loved it and learned a massive amount in a short space of time.

If you can get on to one of his DRD- spaces filling fast- then I can guarantee that the trip up would be well worth it.

Shrek

As fabsj says, CSW is looking for new faces at the club.

We are holding a new members event in april all will be welcome to have a look and have a go at a challenge event.

Also have you checked out the cornish leaf and coil club, they hold driving days and challenges,http://www.clcc.uk.com/

If all goes to plan CSW will be holding a interclub challenge with them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi David, glad you found us! not sure what your plans are but if you fancy a day out watching our first challenge event is on the 23rd Feb at a site near Tiverton - granted a bit of a trek for you from N Cornwall but they normally prove to be a good day out! if your interested in coming along then drop me a line and i can send on some directions.