Filling bolt holes in rear tub...

I've just removed two forward facing seats from the rear of my 110 station wagon. It also looks like it's had bench seats fitted before that, too and all these ex-seats have left a large number of holes in the wheel boxes. These are currently covered with duct tape (what else? :rolleyes: ) but I wondered if anybody had any good ideas for a more permanent, and elegant, solution?

I don't want to just put bolts through as I want to keep the top surface flush (for rubber matting, eventually). The only other thing I can think of is to glue some small bits of ali to the underside? Possibly with silicon?

Hmm, I've got a load of large headed rivets to hand so they might do. That Skiffy site has all sorts of useful looking stuff on it, though :)

I get my lasers to cut disks about twice the diameter of the hole and stick then on with a 2 part flexible adhesive

http://www.eurobond-adhesives.co.uk/productlist.php#sa

Penloc 1:1 brilliant but expensive

Always use aluminium disks so that no potential difference between materials if no access to a laser then a pair of tinsnips :lol:

I get my lasers to cut disks about twice the diameter of the hole and stick then on with a 2 part flexible adhesive

http://www.eurobond-adhesives.co.uk/productlist.php#sa

Penloc 1:1 brilliant but expensive

Always use aluminium disks so that no potential difference between materials if no access to a laser then a pair of tinsnips :lol:

You've got your own lasers? I'm impressed :) Seriously though, I do quite like this approach, although it's obviously more fiddly than just pushing a plastic bung or fastner in. Is there any particular reason for the exotic adhesive or would something like Araldite or silicon do the job?

Rubber grommits always do it for me.

But they sit proud of the surface!

Stick a thin bit of aluminium underneath and whatever you put inside the vehicle sits flat

Penlock 1:1 is much loved in the signs industry because it remains flexible and cures to 50% cure in a few minutes and full cure 24 hrs works well with stainless aluminium and plastics hence the use in signs.

3 lasers and a waterjet at my disposal :lol:

• 3 weeks later...