Landy Respray Pics

Guest diesel_jim

Those two straps should loop around the back of the rollbar and then go forward towards the windscreen again.

you should also have 2 shorter straps, about 12" long, a hook on one end and one of those little aluminium "lock off" buckles on the other. you hook the hook end onto the metal bar that holds the front of the canvas down, and thread the loose straps through each of the buckles, so you can "tighten" the piece of roof above your head (like where a sunroof would be) to stop it flapping when you're driving.

Guest diesel_jim
^^^^^^^^^^^^^E's right^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Although you tension those straps before you tension it at the back. If you don't - it gives your canvas that rather tatty 'straight out of the tumble dryer' look :lol:

Les.

You mean you never ironed your canvas Les?

Where's yer attention to detail man! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

He stripped it down, I know this cos I went to check up on him :) He spent Monday to Thurs preparing it, then gave it four coats Friday/Sat.

He even done the inside of the bonnet to my ammazement. He said he would not touch it and we had discussed me hammerite'ing it. So I was well chuffed when I got home, lfted the bonnet to begin the hammerite painting, and it was done. I touched up the rubber along the back door this evening that you can see is yellow, i done it with a cheap artisit brush.

I will roller the bits he could not do along the rear door edges that are hidden by the Tarp Roof, inside, I think all I will do it rub down and Hammerite it black.

I will then Hammerite Matt Black the plating.

So the Dangly Bit i just need to pull round the front Rool bar and tie up somewhere? Sorry I am a plumb :)

Nato Green Sand - That makes no sense!

There is NATO green (olive drab colour), and NATO sand (a desert, sandy colour).

I've just had a look and you can buy it from http://www.anchorsupplies.com/paint.htm

Sorry, missed the '/' on some of the threads I was reading.

I found Anchors and they do green, black and light stone but it's the drab green I like