Disco 200tdi in a series SWB

sotal

ok if i put a 200tdi from a discofairy into my concours :ph34r: series 3 and mate it up to the discofairy gear box are there off the shelf propshafts which fit? Permanent 4 wheel drive is not a problem.

or is it better to put the discofairy engine in mated to a series box and replace the series box wherenever i destroy it

and if so which clutch should be used?

you'd have to make both props if you use the lt77 and lt230.

series box probably wouldn't last too long behind a tdi.

use tdi clutch and cover plate with lt77 obviously, but a series 3 friction plate if using a series box, same diameter for both clutches but different splines.

you'd have to make both props if you use the lt77 and lt230.

series box probably wouldn't last too long behind a tdi.

use tdi clutch and cover plate with lt77 obviously, but a series 3 friction plate if using a series box, same diameter for both clutches but different splines.

by not long how are you measuring that? As you know my series does not do many miles as its usually stuck in the mud

I guess the best option is to run with the series box until it self destructs then switch to the LT77 and make props to suit.

How important is prop balancing on a clapped out series used solely off road?

paul

i changed to lt77 before my series box gave up, but i had a reputation of blowing series boxes before i put the tdi in anyway :lol:

i never balance my props and dont have a problem. offroad only and i wouldn't worry about it

oops missed that bit...

i was only goin to use the landy to tow trailers across a muddy field and on the road and i am aware of the oil filter prob...any help on where i can get a remote oil filter kit from?

is there a way to prevent the belt slipping?

Intergerspin This guy used to do the adaptor plates and remote oil kits, it was 5 years ago that my mate put his in. It's knackered now but has provided good service for the outlay. He is however fitting a 200TDi next month not another drop in Prima, need I say more.

Oh and I just got a 200TDi for mine too, fitting coming soon.

frankly it depends on how you drive...but 35-40mpg sounds a good enough reason for a prima for me...

i dont think i could afford to fuel a 200tdi let alone repair any damage to engine