Zero Tolerance Speed Cameras

DefcoL

How many of us bought the new Higway Code and read it for the changes?

How many of us even knew there was a new one out? :huh:

Would it be too much to expect the DVLA to send out copies of the new highway code to everyone with their car tax renewal? They know everyone's name and address after all :rolleyes: and have enough of our money.

I agree re-tests should be done more often, especially after a certain age - you see some truly scary stuff from the elderly, there are some that can barely shuffle round Tescos with a trolley in a safe manor yet they are then allowed to get into a car and drive around on the roads.

I liked the idea of a temporary ban instead of a fine for speeding - the inconvenience is worse than the financial penalty IMHO. The fine makes me think it really is just a tax - if they were serious the fine would be much higher and no-one would speed as they couldn't afford it. As it stands, the fine for speeding is no worse than the daylight robbery you experience every time you fill up with fuel <_< just another unpleasant cost of motoring in the UK.

Guest WALFY
But arn't most camera's digital these days, and the image gets sent instantly to the MI5/interpol/KGB or whoever to process.

would be interesting if they were all "on line"... you could hook up to one with your laptop! :lol::lol:

better still, like has been mentioned.... don't speed, or at least, don't speed past a camera..

Unfortuanately they are on their own data base/server type thing. They aren't linked to the Police system. So there is no way of hacking in unless you get face to face with 1 of their terminals :( . Nice idea though

Unfortuanately they are on their own data base/server type thing. They aren't linked to the Police system. So there is no way of hacking in unless you get face to face with 1 of their terminals :( . Nice idea though

Or break inside the GATSO and run some CAT 5e up the side of the highway to your house, instant Ethernet to the Gestapo governmnet!!!!

I had understood that all cameras were still film, as any digital image could, in theory, be tampered with to misrepresent the true facts -this went through a UK court years ago..... I migth be wrong though :)

SPECS, the average speed camera one sees in roadworks and Northampton, are digital. You get your plate logged as you enter and leave a section of road and your average speed is then calculated and a ticket issued from DVLA and in the post before you have completed your journey - if you were speeding. Or so I have read.

Chris

Dont bother hacking the data base............Hack the camera base

Yes it is.

I do not agree with driving unsafely however due to the numerous amount that have been in put areas that are not accident black spots how can they be justified.

I agree with your statement that if you are not speeding you won't get caught and anybody who does speed deserves to get caught.

Unfortunatly i do not feel that speed cameras are being used as well as they could be (i.e. to prevent accidents) and they are now used more as a source of income.

As far as I am concerned this shows what the Gov think cameras are for.

Motorway safety speed signs in central barrier only advisory.

M25 variable speed limit for congestion camera enforced with 120 camera positions!!

Says it all really.

Marc.