Transmission brake assembly.

After gearbox replacement I'm going to reassemble the transmission brake, but I dont remember where the third spring should be placed. There is two big springs for the brake shoes and thats ok. Can anybody tell me where it's going to be placed?

Yup. same here. I have my hand brake off ever few months becuase it gets full of mud and I never came accross a 3rd spring. Maybe its some kind of mod that has been put on more recent vehicles? What ever, it should work perfectly with just the 2 on the shoes.

Talking of hand brakes.. anyone know how to stop it getting full of mud and the pistion grinding to a halt?

The diagram Dappe has copied is taken from a Parts Fiche, although it's labelled as the 90, 110, 127 Catalogue in the main menu, it's a fiche when it opens.

I've found it on a Classic CD '84 to 89, in the Transfer Box section covering the 90, 100, 127, Transmission Brake, Direct Entry Cable. Note this is different to the rod operated brake.

There are two different part numbers for springs (all labelled 2 in the diagram).

Look at the Notes on the right, and the Change Points detailed at the bottom.

They may help the rest of you decide what is going on, I suspect it's a case of all three springs are not fitted at once.

I hope the pdf blows up to a readable size.

Cheers

Def_84_89_H__brake.pdf