BogMonster

OK time for a competition

Who can find the biggest avatar belonging to somebody else who obviously has BB and can't be @rsed to resize it to something reasonable :angry:

As a yardstick a still image resized to avatar size should be about 3K - 5K perhaps 15K at biggest, and an anim one a bit bigger (my anim penguin is 9K - but up to 50K is probably reasonable)

No names but the biggest one I have found so far is 2.5 MB ... and I was wondering why some F pages were taking a week to bluddy load - beat that :angry:

(To see the file size right click on the avatar image and select Properties)

I'd been meaning to resize <——— that, hopefully before most people are awake this morning it'll be sorted :D

Huh! It was a mere 44k, I must have already resized it. I think that's close to its limit really; although it seems to load in bits on dialup.

OK time for a competition

Who can find the biggest avatar belonging to somebody else who obviously has BB and can't be @rsed to resize it to something reasonable :angry:

As a yardstick a still image resized to avatar size should be about 3K - 5K perhaps 15K at biggest, and an anim one a bit bigger (my anim penguin is 9K - but up to 50K is probably reasonable)

No names but the biggest one I have found so far is 2.5 MB ... and I was wondering why some F pages were taking a week to bluddy load - beat that :angry:

(To see the file size right click on the avatar image and select Properties)

That's even bigger than my first guess....biktop.jpg which comes in at a light 0.5MB

Time for a Limit on the size I would think.

Stephen there is a setting to not show Avatars control panel /Board settings you can turn off the option to show them.

I think there should be (if it is possible)

I don't want to not look at avatars, I just want people to show a bit more consideration for those of us who don't have BB .... 99% of people's avatars are fine and some are worth seeing :)

I think there should be (if it is possible)

I don't want to not look at avatars, I just want people to show a bit more consideration for those of us who don't have BB .... 99% of people's avatars are fine and some are worth seeing :)

Pretty sure the forum does limit size. Its the ones that are just linked to but hosted elsewhere that can be big and the forum software has no control over that.

If you go to 'My Controls' and select Board Setting (from the left) you can turn off/on things like signatures, avatars,...etc. You might find just the right combination that suits you sir :)