200tdi conversion - air filter set up

Hi all, just a quick question, on my disco into 90 200tdi conversion i'm currently running my old N/A air box and filter. How much of a difference will this make to performance of the engine? A none, a little or alot? I've only got the old n/a engine to compare to so obviously have no idea!

Cheers :)

if you have nowhere to connect it feed it into a old plastic bottle or similar, Please don't let it vent onto the road as any oil could cause a accident if a biker slide on oil dropped from your vehicle.

a 300Tdi air filter & mounting could be fitted IIRC others have done that.

Ahh brilliant idea with the bottle, My main concern was oil leeking onto the road and the other was if oil can get out water can get in, I think you might just have saved be a few bob there Eightpot. I will see if I can get the air filter housing out of a 300tdi up the road if i see the fella whos breaking it.

Thanks guys

Dave.

As said at the start of the thread i'm running the old air box. To have somwhere to put the breather pipe I cut a hole in the inlet part of the box, welded a bit of steel tube over the top of the hole then connected breather pipe to the bit of steel tube, works a treat! ;) I was just worried about the tdi air box being a slightly different size....