R380

JST

Every time i do it i get the stuff all over the place less in the G box.

So any tips, i dont have a nice pump and G box is in situ, as most will know not alot of space in there to get to the filler!

I don't really want to use the 500ml squeezy container thing, arms ache, its goes everywhere and i spend more time waiting for the bottle to refill with air after each squeeze than i do actually getting the oil in there!

Most of our commonly used oils are in 25ltr containers with a barrel pump and hose but if you only use occasionally one of these will do the trick.

http://shop.difflock.com/oilsafe-pump-litre-p-93.html

Bit pricey for the occasional user but they are very well made and seem to last well. Had a few cheaper versions and they dont last five minutes.

So any tips, i dont have a nice pump and G box is in situ, as most will know not alot of space in there to get to the filler!

I don't really want to use the 500ml squeezy container thing, arms ache, its goes everywhere and i spend more time waiting for the bottle to refill with air after each squeeze than i do actually getting the oil in there!

I bought 4 plastic funnels from tesco for a quid, using the largest, cut the end off it & inserted/force a peice of garden hose pipe into it. Leave pipe long enough so you can fill from decent position.Secure fit is best. Dont know if your seat box cover can be removed easily but done mine with the cover off. Took about 45mins with this bore size. Did manage to spill a cup full but that was due to filling the tbox at the same time & not paying enough attention

Ade

Hi ,

Most tool shops sell a pump that fits to an electric drill that suck & Pump they are around £14 & are excellent ;)

Sometimes in the cold you will need to prime the pump using a funnel to get it to suck EP80

Peter

Until I lashed out and bought and Oil Safe with a pump I used the funnel and garden hose method.

Tie the funnel to the drivers side wing mirror. Hse into bottom of funnel. 'tother end of hose into gearbox. Fill funnel and let it drain into gearbox.

For those who don't know...

The Torex plug can be changed to a normal type fronm an LT77 gearbox.

mike

£80 - h*ll i'd rather drip it all down my arm!

Will keep an eye out for the small drill pumps.

Hose and funnel are looking best at the moment though!

thanks for the responses.

PS - why would you cant to change the Torex?

9/16 ? IIRC the diff's / transfer box & LT77 boxes used 1/2 inch square drives, certainly are on mine though my R380 still retains it's T55 fill/level plug.

Yep I know All the others are 1/2" female drive. I took that one out of my 77 so where it came from.....

mike

Guest WALFY
Tony, any chance you could drop it around with the oil, please.

You don't want much do you. I expect Tony will do the job for you if you ask nicely :P

Having recently been through all this (leakey squezey bottle and all) i must ask,

WHY THE F DID LR PUT THE GEARBOX X-MEMBER UNDER THE DRAINPLUG!!!!!! :angry:

Surley its not just me thats ended up with an armpit full or warn 'n' fruity atf? Or is it that most on here drain it from the oil pump towards the rear of the box?

Will.

Having recently been through all this (leakey squezey bottle and all) i must ask,

WHY THE F DID LR PUT THE GEARBOX X-MEMBER UNDER THE DRAINPLUG!!!!!! :angry:

Surley its not just me thats ended up with an armpit full or warn 'n' fruity atf? Or is it that most on here drain it from the oil pump towards the rear of the box?

Will.

You can use the LT77 drain plug on the extension case, the large nut that's got the filter above it below the internal oil pump or the one below & forward of the fill/level plug on the right hand side this one has the magnet attached to it.