Aussie Tuff Truck Challenge

Bush65

Look at the number of sperctators :o

PAS_0935s.jpg

How many people

Why can't we run events with this kind of spectator numbers :(

Looks awesome doesn't it. I would love to do an event like this. Andy tells me the 90deg challenge he is running at manby is this style but we cant make it again this year :( .

don't think they're spidertrax, think they're "diamond axles" or something similar, but not sure

Possibly not then, I only thought that because of the construction of the axle looked similar to the spidertracks. You would know much much more about them than me.

Health and Saftey?????? :ph34r:

Sorry Will I've been to a local club level round 3hrs outside Brisbane when I was there and the public safety is paramount. They have plenty of clued up marshals.

They hold event very differently to us and don't have all competitors on stage at one time like our event do but they get much less competition time in the car if that makes sense. It dose make grate watching if your a spectator.

There are a whole host of independent manufacturers of portal drop boxes in Aus, could be any of them I suppose. Suggest a bit of a search on outerlimits forum or similar if you need to find out the specific manufacturer.

Big money though. The Aussies take their off road competition very seriously and are willing to spend over £10k on set of portals.

don't think they're spidertrax, think they're "diamond axles" or something similar, but not sure

Reading Dirt comp some of the write ups on the tuff trucks that were built for the event

most of them are costom caseings with mix and match diffs and portals.

Here is the TV add for the event that had been running on the Tv months before. Can you imagine this on tv in the Uk. The tree huggers would go nuts :lol:

Tuff Trucks TV add

But as Jules and me found out in August . The amount of spectators and the comments from them make for some real entertainment

Lots of shouting, Drive it and chearing and clapping for good drives. Must be great as a driver to have that noise behond you . Will hopfully find out soon :)

Reading Dirt comp some of the write ups on the tuff trucks that were built for the event

most of them are costom caseings with mix and match diffs and portals.

As jules said most of them are made from stach (as said in Dirt comp) and a few are Hummer ones. Alot of these trucks are company trucks which are used for publicity and showing of what they can do (like devons truck and others ).

I was offered a set of hummer ones that will fit a land rover axles :blink:

Uni Mogs are really rare out here and Volvos is a case of what are they

Sorry Will I've been to a local club level round 3hrs outside Brisbane when I was there and the public safety is paramount. They have plenty of clued up marshals.

They hold event very differently to us and don't have all competitors on stage at one time like our event do but they get much less competition time in the car if that makes sense. It dose make grate watching if your a spectator.

I was taking the tiddle :P I can see why these events get more spectators

1) They're geared up for them

2) The action is over a much smaller area

3) Its quite condensed (you see one car go, the next one x minutes after)

4) Everyone's attempting the same course so its easier to work out who's doing well / what's going on.

5) The weather's much better :lol:

I was taking the tiddle :P I can see why these events get more spectators

1) They're geared up for them

Not really , your in a forest or site area with bunting taping of the course to a safe area. And they have a burger van

2) The action is over a much smaller area

:lol::lol: your joking. Nah over large areas Just everyone drives their 4x4 form one bit to the other ,The run the morning bit in one area dn the afternoon action in another area. Or have tow areas going at once and you take your pick. Back to the bit about large areas so plenty of parking

3) Its quite condensed (you see one car go, the next one x minutes after)

Well nothing differant to some events in the UK As done on some inch by inch challenges and the like

4) Everyone's attempting the same course so its easier to work out who's doing well / what's going on.

Well ,does not everyone go for the same set of 50 (or how ever many) punches in the Uk challenges

5) The weather's much better :lol:

Ok you got me there can't agrue with that one :)

5) The weather's much better

Ok you got me there can't agrue with that one

I can - where's the mud? :P

Think the sport in the UK suffers from lack of organisation and PR, lots of people running lots of events rather than a big organised series that can be "packaged" for the media - although the AWDC is getting there perhaps.

Any idea what axle this is, looks like Spidertrack diff and axle but what are the drop/portal box's

I stand to be corrected, but I'm reasonably sure the Aussie maker is who is written on the housing Rustys Fabworx, from memory.

I can - where's the mud? :P

Think the sport in the UK suffers from lack of organisation and PR, lots of people running lots of events rather than a big organised series that can be "packaged" for the media - although the AWDC is getting there perhaps.

There were some mud runs, but they were made too difficult. Many competitors decided to forfeit the few points the would get - was not worth the carnage. Some groups had their mud stage on the Fri night.

There are many stages running simultaneously on different sections of the site. Groups rotate as they complete stages - everyone drives every stage. Competition starts Friday and finishes Sunday.