AWDC Howlin' Wolf Round 2 - Corwen

najw

Good to meet gaflad too, hopefully there will be some good video appearing. Did anyone get Saley's roll?? Rumour was someone did..

Yes i have some pictures of Saley that i shall post when i get home later in the week and someone def. got it on vid. He did have a good sense of humour about it even as he hung helpless from his belts.

We had a great weekend despite a few problems! :rolleyes:

The site was brilliant, and the punches were well set out with plenty that made us think twice about doing them!

We did have a little roll at the top of the hill on punch 18 that could have been quite nasty but luckily a tree broke the fall and Simon was quick enough to jump out the way before the truck rolled on top of him!

Well done Mr Turner for 1st overall :) , I still got more punches than you :P ! If only I did the other special... :ph34r:

Hope there are plenty of pic’s and YouTube video’s.

Many thanks to the marshals and organisers for such a fantastic event.

So who else rolled this weekend? :o

totally agree. awesome site, awesome event, awesome weekend. thanks to everyone for making it happen.

I decided to do the trials special, i thought i would have enough grip on the grass but it was more like driving on ice! It's just one of those things, i should have looked at the other one first :rolleyes:

I did manage to get through the second gate once i built up some speed :) with 4 seconds to spare!

We were the marshalls on SS2 we didnt get a break in proceedings all day, people kept saying they didnt fancy SS1,

we set out the balls in such a way that as you drove to one "easy" one for 50 points you hit the tree and lifted the ball, a few worked out to go sideways or reverse to it. one or two drove to it with the bonnet open :lol:

after watching a few of the competitors it became obvious there was an easier way to the hidden blue ball, as some smart arse drove next to it and opened the door to claim it.

great weekend thanks all.

What a great site. Very steep and really slippery after the rain.

As it was my first time as a wench, I got half way through the first punch and wanted to die as I was breathing so heavy! Dafydd was wetting himself laughing at me.... :blink: I have a new found respect for co-drivers now as I now have parts of me hurting I didn't know I had! ;)

Big thank you to everyone who helped organize the event and everyone for being so friendly. It was great to put a few faces to names and see a few old friends. B)

Paul (off to join a gym) McCleary.

good video glaggs. glad everyone liked the site sorry it was a bit steep in place's. not a very (bitch) friendly place.

its not steep just get up there

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bnre4L4uN4U

kev

That was a steep climb, the video clip does not really show the angle, but you can see Simon struggle to climb the hill!

cool video, have you got any clips of hydraulic winched truck's climbing that hill? :)

That was a steep climb, the video clip does not really show the angle, but you can see Simon struggle to climb the hill!

cool video, have you got any clips of hydraulic winched truck's climbing that hill? :)

We din't get to do that punch chris,We got the long section at the side about 3.30 and the red trialer was in so we left it and went to another,

Carl.

Another cool video! I like the music!

I also liked the little roll John, I almost did the same thing on that punch ;)

Im glad im not the only one to test my cage at the weekend!

If i order a few of the pictures that simon took will they be of higher quality than shown on the website?

314415411.jpg

According to PhotoBox, the res Simon uploads at (1600x800) is good for up to A4 size.

Apparently there is a colour indicator alongside your order showing green if the res is OK for your order through to Red if its not.

If you need them bigger then Simon should be able to upload a larger file.

I think they will, but check with Neil. When i upload them they are fine, but the display seems to make them fuzzy...

lol...

you shall not stand in my way to another jacket or t-shirt... :lol:

don't forget to bring enough fuel with you.. it could be a rather long walk otherwise.

a little harsh i think! ah, you'd know! remind you again next month!

Some good photos there of saleys bad driving,He still blames me for the roll,Any chance of putting them on a disc so i can have them printed,can get it of you at walters ,

Thanks,

Carl.

Does that point count, your bonnet is over the immovable barrier (blue rope) after the roll :lol: