Need expert's tip

Hi there,

I've seen the other day in the street a brand new Def with this sort of A-bar attached on the bumper. On it are attached a pair of big lights.

I wish to equip my Def 07 with such stuff (don't really want to change the whole bumper to fix some lights) but I have no idea of what it is.

Any one out there can help? Name, reference number or whatever it takes to find the equivalent...

Thanks!

post-4018-1210261694_thumb.jpg

it is illegal to manufacture or sell brand new A bars/bullbars now, however, there is nothing stopping you from buying one from eBay or the like and fitting it.

got my spotlights off eBay, nice big 9" jobs for £32.99 delivered - bargain

Hi

Might be wrong but I dont think you can fit such a pedestrian maiming A bar to such a new defender, I think you are limited to the plastic/goose down feather one available from LR,

Mike

Really?? I know the law has changed, and you can no longer have Bull Bars......but I didn't know that this extended to A-Bars too?

Bloody Health & Safety! I mean, a pedestrian getting hit by a Defender at 30mph would end up with some injuries with or without Bars, right?

Anyhoo, if you CAN fit A-Bars to new Defenders, then they are available everywhere. Or are you after a specific type of A-Bar? The one in the picture clamps around the bumper, and I'm not sure where these come from......but I have one that bolts to the top of the bumper, and those ones you can get just about anywhere. You could try here: Rebel 4x4

Really?? I know the law has changed, and you can no longer have Bull Bars......but I didn't know that this extended to A-Bars too?

Bloody Health & Safety! I mean, a pedestrian getting hit by a Defender at 30mph would end up with some injuries with or without Bars, right?

Indeed.. plus from first hand experience I can tell you that bonnet pioneer tool and spare wheel mounts are even more lethal to a pedestrian than bull bars are.

We live in a cotton wool covered society that lacks common sense...

Guest diesel_jim
, Who here would step out in front of a moving vehicle & expect to get off scot free.

ME!.. but my hairy arms are like a shield of steel.... (in a batfink voice...) :lol::lol::lol:

Perhaps the ever creeping influence of the EU regs have not reached Russianfrog's part of the globe yet, in which case he may well be ok to fit a steel A-bar.

Right. The photo was taken yesterday in the streets of Moscow. :P

I am not a big fan of all the accessories attached on cars (something to carry people and objects B) ) but I must say the standard lights of the Def are not so great... This equipement I saw is just what I want.

Thanx for the link to Rebel, they have just the stuff but they don't really give any reference details...

I'll keep look and appeciate your help! :D

I bought mine from Craddocks - the one that bolts to the top of the bumper was no good, the type that clamps round was the correct one for mine (1989 110 vehicle with Air Conditioning)..........

Now complete with slight dint where it smacked the Nissan X-trail in front of me!

Presumably this is only UK legislation so there must be some companies still manufacturing for other markets.

Presumably also not an issue for UK owners to import A-bars and fit them.