Air Line Quick Connectors

sotal

I've got a clarke compressor which came with a few quick connectors and I have since bought a couple of packs from various places as I've got more tools and they've all worked fine. All the ones I have bought have been different makes, all brass, but they all fit together fine. I've not had any choice when purchasing either, all the places I have bought from only have the one type.

I recently bought a cheap tool from ALDI on one of their offers, but it doesn't fit!, it came with the quick connector already fixed. It's a similar size silver in colour but has no chance of fitting, it seems short than the others, and the bit where it goes widest seems wider than my other ones.

So are there different types? Can I get an adapter? I tried taking off the connector and screwing one of mine on but the thread is different as well.

had same problem with aldi impact drive an ratchet. The quick connectors they come with have a wider bore and fitting and didn't fit my existing fittings. So i bought a pack of connectors and swapped them over.

Cheers

Steve

There is a type commonly known as a high flow fitting where the coupling is shorter, but with a significantly bigger bore through it- which may be what you have. IIRC it is more common in Europe. It may therefore be a metric thread?

Hi,

Not wishing to hijack the thread but if someone could post both types of connector (PCL and non-PCL) it would Help me.

I have a full set of Aldi tools but I need to add a Male and Femaile connector to seperate the Oiler and Filter bowls and I am very confused as to what non-PCL connectors are used on the tools.

Cheers,

Marc.

PCL (top) and non-PCL non-standard thread (bottom)

As the non-standard connectors are only on low air demand tools such as the tyre inflator, I just stuck a PCL on the end of the horrible cheap and nasty curly hose and use that as an adapter.

post-84-1211306460_thumb.jpg

Thats a type 25.

I have dynaquipe fittings, thats what Norgren were punting when I bought my airline fittings and having never seen any before I bought what they showed me..

They are what snap-on was selling and my local hydraulic shop stocks them, they come in loads of different sizes.