Fed up with poor quality lights........

I am absolutely fed up with the stop/tail light bulbs leaping out of the holders at every opportunity. The quality of these parts seems carp no matter who you buy them from - and I've bought a few sets!!!!

So I've ordered some LED ones from premierwiring.co.uk - 68 quid inc vat and post for the pair. Eek.

Here's hoping!

The holders corrode up with age and water ingress but Genuine ones don't seem to lose their bulbs?

compared to the pattern ones, that are utter pants. There are about 2 quid new, which says it all.

:unsure: I got so ( keeping my mouth in control) ....... That I had to glue it to stop the popping... Kindly send us a pic on how you got this new saviour into place.... :huh: Sometimes I wonder why LR chooses poor and cheap stuffs on certain areas... To save money I guess..... :unsure:

Just to let you know i have led indicators and stop tail lights they are flippin great and look a lot better and brighter, easy to fit mine are mounted on NAS plinths, indicators are square units with 2 nuts on back

just to let you know i have a pic of them in my album.

warren

• 2 weeks later...

So.........I replaced them this late afternoon, early evening. No real problem with the wiring or the drilling of the holes (the replacements dont match the exisitng holes), but to fit the devils I had to remove the metal plate that hides all the wires, and to remove the plate I had to remove the back seats!!! Since I'm replacing these anyway, that wasn't a total pain.

What a faff! Still, the new lights are very bright, and quicker to light than the old bulbs, they look great.

As an aside, I'm building up a pile of things that I need to get shut of.......if anyone has a use for two 3-man bench seats in decent nick, or a front centre seat in reasonable condition then pm me. I've also got a shire blue grill and headlamp finishers. You'll have to collect but a very very nominal fee is all thats required (only for the seats, the grill and trims will cost you nowt).