John Craddock Landrover

Tris, stop ya bloody whinging.....Did Dave look after ya at LLAMA, he's one of your lot.....a YAM YAM...Also its about time ya got that thing dirty, and stop using it for trips to the " builders yard " :P

Tris, stop ya bloody whinging.....Did Dave look after ya at LLAMA, he's one of your lot.....a YAM YAM...Also its about time ya got that thing dirty, and stop using it for trips to the " builders yard " :P
Cheeky beggar!!! What you tresspassing on here for??? :lol: yam yam lol, Good to have you on ere ade...didnt get any response of emails so had to go to devon4x4, Sinse then gone to paddocks to, Got more probs now with propshaft angles etc, When you greenlaning again? and howd you know bout the builders yard??? :ph34r:

ya propshafts try DAVE in Coventry, have his number somewhere......i had mine made for £140 each that is, with wide yoke's.....ASTON MARTIN uj's to boot :blink:

Whos dave :blink::blink: if you can find his number can you drop it in for me please! There at right nasty angles, remember the lift mine had at the front, what did you reckon it was 3 to 4 inches?

• 2 months later...

i have dealt with craddocks a few times and unless you get the fat bald one with the glasses you should be alrite hes a bit slow lol, bought many things from there and havent been that bad. I spent 250 quid on a britpart 2 inch lift kit , roofrack and many other odds and sods and never had a problem with them.

Now ive started using tinterweb to get stuff simply because a lot of places are cheaper because i live in dudley craddocks is in cannock which is a good hour and a bit drive via m54 and the like with diesel the way it is at the moment! Only problem that ive ever had with craddocks is the extornate amount of money it is for stupid little things, for example a NAS spec brake light assembly 10 quid doesnt even include the bulb!!!

For those of us in the midlands there is a place that is meant to rival craddocks in bilston behind the big morrisons dont know what its like as ive never been there!

I have used Craddocks once online and got good service - and am waiting for an order to be delivered this week - after reading your problems I hope it arrives correct and complete! :o

I will be very wary of them now even if I get good service again. You know what they say - if someone gets good service they may tell one other person, when they get c**p service they tell ten - you have told many more than that.

Does anyone have any experience of K-motors(LRdirect online) near Preston? I will be looking for another supplier from now on.

The one thing I do like about the Craddocks and LRdirect web site is you can put in the LR part number - so if they do their stock numbers right you should get what you are expecting!

I'm sitting here in the far Eastern Europe and read this topic.

Stuned in the first moment I couldn't believe that such things are possible in the homeland of Land Rovers...

I want to remind you, it could be much worse - just imagine yourself living somewhere else, not in UK...

I will not get into details. I'll just say that if Paddock didn't exist a lot of people here(including myself) would not be driving landys

Well I've bought a number of things from their ebay operation, always with good results - they are quick to respond about international shipping, and shipped a bl&*dy big box of sliding windows for what I thought was a very reasonable rate.

OT, but I've found Dingocroft good for international orders too.

They are absolute rubbish. I got a TD5 bulkhead from them in 'complete condition' The dash was torn and incorrect, no cubby box the steering wheel was bent and the bulkhead was warped. It took about 18 phone calls and a threat from the credit card company to take their funds back for them to send me the correct parts.

The upshot is I had enough spare parts from the incorrect items they sent me to make the money back on ebay! But I would heartily reccommend staying away from them!

When I first got the hybrid I got royally fed-up about by one of their couriers - which isn't necessarily their fault - but they were singularly unhelpful about assisting me in sorting it out. When it was all resolved I dropped them a line suggesting they might want to use a different courier down my way. I haven't heard back from them and consequently they've had no further business off me...

I went to Craddocks the other week on my way home and asked about some parts for my Ex MOD 90, 1, they hadnt got any in stock, and was quoted £40 +VAT for them and I needed 4, (light fittings).

This p*##ed me off as they were supposed to have them.

So next day I went to a local place in Hinstock, John Richards, not only did he have them, nice new boxed genuine Lucas parts, but only wanted £23 each for them.....

I recommend JR as they are always helpful and are very good on prices, also the chap on the same premises is also great at cheap servicing and repairs.

As for craddocks, they have balls up so many times over the years in sending parts to me, once i wanted a set of 24volt (FFR) spark plugs for a series 3, they sent 3 24volt correct ones and a standard civy 12volt one...and guess what ....it was my fault when i rang to get a refund. Also they tried to sell me a new ignition switch for an ex mod 90, which was nothing like the one I had fitted, the parts book matched my car type , but Craddocks knew better and tried to tell me this this WAS the right one, I declined and left!

I try to avoid using them, but sometimes you have too.

Paddocks are fine if you go to them and see the parts your getting, some of their staff are quite good in the stores, BUT i will not use their mail order as they are poor, several times Ive ordered stuff and they have not only failed to deliver when they were supposed too, but have completely forgotton to pass the order to the stores!

Ringo

i had a very bad expereince earlier this year when they sent out remould tyres which were defective,the second delivery was as bad.i was told by wayne the parts manager what did i expect they were remoulds,he verbally threatened me,no matter how you try you cannot get hold of craddock him self.i eventually put it in the hands of trading standards,as a result wayne told me they would never sell to me again!!!!!!!!!! i was heart broken.

I would take that as an insult, only Wolves fans are Yam Yams, Dave LLama is a Tesco carrier bag and supports Sandwell Town FC.

I agree its time Tris got it dirty though but doubt if he will now he has sprayed it.

For those of us in the midlands there is a place that is meant to rival craddocks in bilston behind the big morrisons dont know what its like as ive never been there!

JLS

Owen Road

Willenhall

0121 568 7717

No where near as big as Craddocks but friendly and just off the Black Country route so easier to get to if you live west of the M6.

So next day I went to a local place in Hinstock, John Richards, not only did he have them, nice new boxed genuine Lucas parts, but only wanted £23 each for them.....

I recommend JR as they are always helpful and are very good on prices, also the chap on the same premises is also great at cheap servicing and repairs.

Ringo

I didnt realise they were still going, thought they had built house's on that site.

Do they still sell the MOD stuff.

I didnt realise they were still going, thought they had built house's on that site.

Do they still sell the MOD stuff.

Yep, always loads of exmod Landies knocking about.

I allways find them very helpful and freindly (including the two big alsations that come and greet you).

When I enquired about my lights, he thought he hadnt got any side lights, however he went off and came back about 10 minutes later with two new ones in boxes, brilliant service.

I think Craddocks just hide round the corner and pretend they looking for the bits!

R