Eezi-Bleed

minivin

Blooming well was! best £18 I've ever spent on a tool, been having problems since I got the dual brake failure shuttle valve that decided it didn't like me and shut one system off by the pump-the-pedal method.

Stripped the valve apart and reset it, re-fitted all the brake pipes, checked a rear wheel for one of my classic bikes was correctly inflated, followed the instructions and jobs a good'un :)

Best do one final check around the 109 and I'll be booking her in for her MoT to get her registered :D

Only problem I get is it always sems to over fill the fluid reservoir.

Yeah I did think mine filled mine up a little too much, could be that as I didn't drain it down to half full first off that was why it got filled upto the top by the Eezi reservoir :unsure:

Yeah I did think mine filled mine up a little too much, could be that as I didn't drain it down to half full first off that was why it got filled upto the top by the Eezi reservoir

one of the best bits of kit i got too , dont know why but family and friends all seam to be ''busy'' when they get the chance to come in my shed and get told to ''press and hold'' let go''

as for the over full resovouir its just a trait of the ezzi bleed

Stripped the valve apart and reset it, re-fitted all the brake pipes, checked a rear wheel for one of my classic bikes was correctly inflated, followed the instructions and jobs a good'un :)

No need to do that, just close the bleed nipple you're working on and undo one on the other circuit. Slowly press the pedal until the warning light goes out and the valve should be reset.

To be honest I haven't had much luck with Eezi-Bleed on the twin leading shoe brakes, but they're brillinat for the clutch and single leading shoe ones!

No need to do that, just close the bleed nipple you're working on and undo one on the other circuit. Slowly press the pedal until the warning light goes out and the valve should be reset.

To be honest I haven't had much luck with Eezi-Bleed on the twin leading shoe brakes, but they're brillinat for the clutch and single leading shoe ones!

Unfortunately I tried that method but mine seams to be a little bit sticky :)

I have one but i've always had trouble with it................ but to be fair I think its me

The over filling for one

Also the cap blowing off the master cylinder etc etc fluid everywhere + problems with pressure etc

To be fair the was on my S2 rather than the D90

As I said I expect its me I've gone back to an extended split plastic tube that was a couple of quid

Bled the brakes yesterday I found that if the pedal is jammed down rather letting it back up it worked fine for me

Cheers

Steve

I got one and use it loads, havent got a slave to pump the pedal for me that often.

Only problem I get is it always sems to over fill the fluid reservoir.

It's such a simple and useful piece of kit I don't know what I would do without it, it would certainly put more of a strain on good relations with SWMBO. Had it for so many years the "Protoype" label has almost worn off ;) , if I had charged rental it would have paid for itself several times over by now.

If it's overfilling then you have an air leak at the master cylinder, most likely the cap washer or the pipe connection. Try using a lower pressure tyre, 0.5 bar (7 psi) works just as well, doesn't cure your leak just takes longer to overfill. :unsure:

Mine exploded once covering me in brake fluid... and it stings when you get it in your eyes. It was probably cos of the 40psi in the spare I was using, but I'm scared of it now and stand well clear when connecting it to the tyre.

Nick... the smelly one

I found, just to be difficult, that the pressure in the EZBleed is often enough to move the shuttle in the pressure loss valve - where it usually seems to stick & cause lots of swearing.

Now I just use a long tube with a non return valve, but make the tube long enough to bleed back in to the reservoir through an in-line fuel filter. That way, it barely needs topping up and never over-fills.

If you are gentle with the pedal, the valve stays put and you can bleed the thing on your own quite easily.

Si

Where the Eezi-bleed helps is when your bleeding an "old" system.

With the Eezi-bleed you don't have to push the pedal right to the floor and at the same time pushing the master cylinder rubburs past and ridge in the master cylinder and the tearing the master cylinder rubbers.

I've use both the Eezi-bleed for a long time and before that a pressure system on Series ones in the workshop.

I do wish I'd taken my Eezi-bleed with me to southern Africa.My job would have been so much easier fixing the clutch on the G-Wagen.

I eat rat poison

mike

I can cause trouble in an empty house !!