4x4Adventures 2 Day Event

JST

The X-Eng and OEC sponsored 4x4Adventures 2 Day Challenge Event will take place on the Wellington site over the weekend of 25/26 Oct 08.

The outline format for the weekend will be:

Fri 24 –arrive from 1700hrs with on site camping spaces available.

Sat 25 –

0800 Scrutineering,

0900 Start of 40 punch challenge and SS1

1530 End of punch challenge

1700 Special Stage 2

1900/2000 Special Stage 3

Sun 26 –

0930 Punch Challenge

1400 End

1500 Prize giving.

Please note the only camping facilities being provided will be portaloos.

There is a maximum limit of 30 vehicles and all vehicles must comply with our Rules & Regs please check our website for details to clarify.

If you fail scrutineering your entry will not be refunded and you will not be allowed to compete.

Our standard punch scoring will be used with punches decreasing in value the more vehicles that achieve that punch in the same class.

SS points will be allocated firstly for the degree the task is completed, then on a time basis. Each SS will be worth maximum 200 points.

For registered teams this event will count towards the series championship scores on a day basis. (ie your score from Sat will count as 1 event score for the series, as will your score from Sun.) The whole 2 day event will also be scored for an event placing against all entrants (registered or not) per class.

Places will be allocated to series registered teams upto the 1st Sep. Thereafter entry will be open to all on a first come first served basis.

Entries for Series Registered teams will be £40 per day or £80 for the weekend.

Non Registered teams are £50 per day or £100 for the weekend. There is an additional £20 fee if you enter after the 3 Oct. Entry is confirmed on receipt of entry form and payment. If you pay for then cancel your place before 3 Oct you will get a full refund.

Entry forms are available from the website here

All timings and the format shown is the proposed plan, please note these may change without prior warning.

• 1 month later...

at the moment i have 30 registered teams for the series and i know of only 1 team that is definitely not doing the 2 dayer and that space has just gone to Tim and Jake. so any other non registered will come on 1st come 1st served basis as and when series reg teams let me know they are or are not doing it hence freeing up the spaces.

• 3 weeks later...

Current entry list is:

Paul Radford

Khris Murphy

Team Goodwinch/X-Eng

Team Devon 4x4 (Jake & Tim)

Marc Dyer

Austin Jewitt

i have had paperwork from Weeble but Walfy seems to be slipping with the other half.

Series places will be held until the end of the month. the (now) 3 series teams that cant make it have had spaces redistributed.

Looks like its too much for Team Gigglepin and OEC then!!! they need to build some reliable trucks like the std guys were running at Slindon!

Ah ! Youd be after some monies , Ok I will clean your Land rover for a month ,will that do ?

Feck ! Thats easy work if its a deal :P

Jase

To late. I've already got that deal. Should e easy as the truck rarely sees daylight let alone mud :P

Not sure if I can make that weekend in October got a Stag weekend, trying to get them to put off the wedding till next year.

Watch that space, and its not up for grabs yet but 6th of December seems OK or is that the wedding day Mmmm

Oi Shaunus- just bring them all with you... I am sure James could do with a few marshals! People pay good money to go offroading for a stag weekend! Would be a laugh watching you all string the stag up into a tree as well!

(p.s. when do you want your diff guard back as well?- still in Ians garage- all nice and clean!)