12 volt strip lights

Ryan

Anyone know where I can get 12 volt LED strip lights? I want something that I can fit into the back of the Defender that will have a permanent but switchable live. I would think it would need to be about 12 inches long. I want LED for the low power consumption. I thought I might be able to modify a 12v work light, but all the ones I've seen are either fluro or do not have the LEDs along the length of the body.

I've been modifing lights into LED for a long time. Yes a great battery saver.

I do have an LED strip light. Far too bright. Two LED marker lights do the job just fine.

I'm modifying some Defender reversing lights soon to use on the outside.

mike

Thanks guys, that's given me something to think about. It looks like I need something that combines most of them together into one handy unit! Typical.

Possibly one of the work lights like the Green and Easy ones as I could unclip from inside and attach it to the back door when I'm cooking if necessary. Bit pricey though.

That link was intended for a picture/description only. The price is outrageous. All these things are made in China or alike. Some could be a better quality than others though.

The one with batteries and chargers costs about 20 euros in Europe. So don't pay more than 10-15 quid for a simple one.

POics of my LED interior lights

img1879um6.th.jpg

img1929el8.th.jpg

I've moved them back 15 inches.

I have two in singles over the middle row so Margaret can see into the fridge.

Then the rear interior light is replaced by a single LED and another added to the headlining right at the rear.

HTH

mike

Guest diesel_jim
POics of my LED interior lights

img1879um6.th.jpg

img1929el8.th.jpg

I've moved them back 15 inches.

I have two in singles over the middle row so Margaret can see into the fridge.

Then the rear interior light is replaced by a single LED and another added to the headlining right at the rear.

HTH

mike

Where did you get those ones from Mike? they look the dogs danglies. not too big and obtrusive.

Vehicle Wiring Products do sell tham. At a huge price.....

Mine came via a friend. When I asked for some more I was told the supplier had folded. Maybe that's why they where a nice price.

When I was in Electo-Diesel yesterday I noticed one on the shelf. I should have asked the price.....

If I have transport next week I'll call in and find out.

mike

Go local - Towsure sell them, admittedly they've got a 240V adapter stuck to the end but you cut that off and then you have a 12v LED worklight. A couple of quick fists from Simon and you're away. Either that or, as has been said, buy some LED bulbs and shove in a standard fitting. There's also the LED versions of the low-voltage halogen kitchen/bathroom lights - Terralec sell GU16 LED bulbs in white, green, blue, yellow, red, and colour changing B) B) B)

If you've got an Ikea near you then take a look in there lighting department. They've got several different shapes and sizes which have 220V to 12V transformers on them, chop the transformer off and then you got yourself a cheap set of leds.

Where did you get those ones from Mike? they look the dogs danglies. not too big and obtrusive.

A quick visit to Electro-Diesel this morning and I have the part No's for you Jim.

Durite 0 167 00

£ 19.36 +VAT.

HTH

mike