Discovery rear winch /winch bumper

nokiamutt

Hi there anyone have experience or info on fitting a rear winch on a disco , i have a 200tdi d1 and would like to fit a rear winch but i cant seem to find any info or anywhere that sells a rear bumper / mounting plate . ive seen the one on winch solutions but id like a permanent one , any info would be much apreciated ..

Hi there anyone have experience or info on fitting a rear winch on a disco , i have a 200tdi d1 and would like to fit a rear winch but i cant seem to find any info or anywhere that sells a rear bumper / mounting plate . ive seen the one on winch solutions but id like a permanent one , any info would be much apreciated ..

Hello,

The rear winch bump on winch solutions truck was one of the first i made,i make them to order to prety much anything you like,

I give discount to forum members so if you ring tell me who ytou are,

Carl.

Hello,

The rear winch bump on winch solutions truck was one of the first i made,i make them to order to prety much anything you like,

I give discount to forum members so if you ring tell me who ytou are,

Carl.

have you got any pics

thanks cookie

HI Carl, any idea of a cost for a bumper as per the one in the pics, what about tank guard, i assume the standard ones won;t fit, do you do one to go with the bumper... if so, how much for the wholes lot...

Thanks.

Pm if you prefer....

• 2 weeks later...
HI Carl, any idea of a cost for a bumper as per the one in the pics, what about tank guard, i assume the standard ones won;t fit, do you do one to go with the bumper... if so, how much for the wholes lot...

Thanks.

Pm if you prefer....

2nd that

Is that marked DR 4x4 by any chance? I know Jeff reasonably well and he told me someone had made the bumper up for him almost as a prototype, I had a good look at it and loved it. I've googled DR 4x4 about a million times but never found anything, is that you? Are you in the same area as WinchSolutions?

Stu.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From what I understad after mailing a bit with Carl, you don't loose much angle, not over a normal disco where you have a towbar underneath. but there is some modification needed that is not straight forward. It's of course possible to make a 2x2" hitch receiver (or what do you call it), and use that one, but then

1. it has a huge effect on the departure angle if mounted

2. Do you really have it there when you need it ?

Have a look at Extreme4x4.co.uk

I myself have a tankguard/detachable towbar from southdown, which Im not sure is still in business

I was planning on making myself a detachable winchmount for that one, until I saw the one Carl made. Now I'm back to the drawing board/thinking cage again..

// faj