Will these tyres fit????

Hi there .. just to let you know , its my first post on the forum!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So here we go .....

Would a set of Insa Turbo Special Tracks 235 / 85 R16, fit onto a land rover defender 90 with a standard suspension and no cutting (preferably).

Has anyone got these sizes or what sizes will fit...

the reason i am asking is to get a set of tyres that will fit on just neatly now and when i come to get my 2" lift , the tyres wont look daft!! <_<<_<

thanks guys

I had 265/75R16 Special Tracks on my 110 and sold them because the noise was awful and the handling was all wobbly. Bear that in mind if you intend to drive it on the road at all often - and by wobbly I don't mean normal MT wobbly, I mean badly worn set of crossply Avon Rangers wobbly! Now back to BFG MTs which don't require 110% concentration all the time.

I had 265/75R16 Special Tracks on my 110 and sold them because the noise was awful and the handling was all wobbly. Bear that in mind if you intend to drive it on the road at all often - and by wobbly I don't mean normal MT wobbly, I mean badly worn set of crossply Avon Rangers wobbly! Now back to BFG MTs which don't require 110% concentration all the time.

my 90 only dose 40mph when i'm going to trials with my trailer tent on the back so handling isnt a problem and the once i dont take the trailer tent to i take the 90 on the trailer behind the disco

Don't forget that the Insa Turbo's are remoulds, and come up quite large for a 235/85... Have a look in the link to Orange's old Range Rover in his post above to see a comparison...

Mark

I had a set of 265/75R16 Insa Turbo Special Tracks on my standard 90, they were fine except for slight rubbing on full lock but you can adjust the stops for that. They also rubbed offroad on the wheel arches at the rear once when carrying 5 people and me, but my springs were sagging at the rear. As mentioned, they are not nice on road, you have said you don't intend to use them for anything other than off roading or driving to the events and you should be fine, I used them only for travel to and from events (as well as the event itself) and then I took them off when I wasn't going off road. They pick up a noise that makes it sound something like a WW2 bomber going down the road at over 20 mph, becoming unreasonably loud at anything over 40. I've decided my use is not 'extreme' enough to warrant them, so I'm selling them. The day I had them fitted someone came up to the car in a carpark and asked what size they were, and to be fair they looked brilliant, but unless you're into posing, which I'm not, they're just too aggressive for everyday use.

Thanks again for the replies :rolleyes:

I'm not going to drive this and rover on the road as we'll tow it around but i'll take your advice when my dad says we'll just drive it 40 odd miles to drumclog :huh:

I think i am going to go for the 265/75/R16 from mm4x4... looks like a good deal :lol:

Does anyone know where the best prics would be found?? :huh:

Thanks again for the replies :rolleyes:

I'm not going to drive this and rover on the road as we'll tow it around but i'll take your advice when my dad says we'll just drive it 40 odd miles to drumclog :huh:

I think i am going to go for the 265/75/R16 from mm4x4... looks like a good deal :lol:

Does anyone know where the best prics would be found?? :huh:

I just bought 4 wheels and 265/75 16 Insa Turbo Dakars from mailorder4x4.co.uk ordered at noon, delivered 9am following day (fitted 20 minutes later :P ). I didn't need to adjust the steerign stops, but I'm guessing they may have been adjusted by a previous owner. Good price too I thought. www.mailorder4x4.co.uk

Thank you all for the help :rolleyes:

i hav just got off of the phone from mail order uk and ordered my 265/75 R16 special tracks and are expected to be dispatched today and be here on monday for an early fit onto the car :ph34r:

Price was right ... Delivery right ... size right ... hope it all goes well

thanks again

see some of u when were out for a play :ph34r::lol:

thanks for the help guys ! :rolleyes:

bogmaster, did your 265/75R16 insa turbos fit with or without a lift kit??

:huh:

Without, as below :)

post-33-1215689287_thumb.jpg

They are somewhat bigger than most e.g. BFG 265/75R16 - IIRC they were about 33 inches tall - but I did not find any problems with them touching anywhere apart from on the radius arms at full lock.