droopy suspension

gelf

ive got long travel suspension with loads of articulation.......

which has been great until i needed change the rear wheel, with only a hi-lift to do it.......DOH!

who makes checking straps then?... other than scrapiron.

M&M sell them, big yellow ad in the usual comics. Or use Gwyn Lewis 'challenge' spec dislocation cones with the hook then just slot a bit of bar through to stop the spring dropping out. Might not be explining this very well but it works, just ask RobHybrid.

Just keep a spare pice of round bar (the size of a 1/2" drive tee bar) fit it between the coils of your springs and through your Gwyn lewis dislocation/relocators and as you jack up the spring via bottom spring clamp will lift up the axle.

You can end up holding the wheel higher up than jacking a std 90.

Your bottom spring clamp needs to be in good condition too.

I used to have a bolt welded by the head to the top spring hanger and another to the axle. Just use a length of chain to connect together by pushing a link over the shank of each bolt.

I like Gwyn's solution though.

Si

Why not just carry a small bolttle jack too for lifting the axle. Problem solved without fitting check straps.

Cheers

Steve

OK for wheel changing on a 'clean' road, but what if stuck up to axles in mud and want to lift the wheel to slip a waffle under?