Limit straps..

chrism

Im after some limit straps for my suspension, as i dont want to run the risk of ripping the end of my coilover off and was wondering if there is anywhere that makes and sells them.

I was thinking of making them myself but cant really be bothered! I would need to get the ends sewn properly to the right length anyway. I was thinking ratchet strap type material would be the stuff, and not the little ratchet straps!

Any ideas?

Chris

I may be wrong, but I would have thought that if the coil-over is strong enough to support the weight of the vehicle in compression, it would hold the axle in tension?

The danger with check-straps is them getting caught on stuff you drive over?

I suspect someone like sling & tackle would make up something for you.

Si

Im just thinking if the axle drops freely and quickly then it may put a fair shock load on it. I have just spent ages making some bits to hold the webbing, just need to find a company to send them to and have a length of strap sewn on them

Im just thinking if the axle drops freely and quickly then it may put a fair shock load on it. I have just spent ages making some bits to hold the webbing, just need to find a company to send them to and have a length of strap sewn on them

You wont need them, coilovers are designed so that they can hold a significant load under tension, I dont use any with my fox airshox, after 2 years of abuse there fine.

Look at rock buggys in the states.

if the axle drops freely the rebound damping will take care of that.

You wont need them, coilovers are designed so that they can hold a significant load under tension, I dont use any with my fox airshox, after 2 years of abuse there fine.

Look at rock buggys in the states.

if the axle drops freely the rebound damping will take care of that.

What he said - they damp in both directions.