windscreen?

I just got a brand new green tinted for 35 odd plus VAT from LRSeries. Pattern part, natch, but good quality glass.

Hi, may I ask was it easy to install , the reason I ask is I want to replace the rubber seal and people have told me that I may break the screen fitting a new seal.

Thanks

As long as you take your time and prepare everything well it's not a hard job, even I managed it ;).

I found Seal on window first helped, also don't try it on your own, having a helper is a big plus (as you might expect). I used some string in the grove first, pushed the window into the frame with a trusty helper and broom. With pressure on the window I carefully removed the string.

Once you get to 3/4 of the string removed the window almost "pops" into place, not had any leaks yet either so I'm happy :D (been about 4 months since I replaced the Seal).

Cheers

Matt

I've just had my new windscreen from RAC windscreens as mine was smashed up by a tree. The guy did it in about 15-20mins with no trouble. As long as the rubbers on the window it does just pop into place.

The old seal was completely perished, nice to have a shiny new non leaky one.

Easy to do, like others have said, fit the rubber to the glass, then either very strong string, or better still multicore wire around the outside, lots of lube (squeezy liquid in water is good) and off you go. It's also handy to have a rubber mallet, blunt blade screw driver and a blunt oring pick, or hook.

Someone on the outside pushing the window on to the frame, and someone inside pulling the wire/string. It also helps if the rubber is very warm, so stick it in a bucket of hot water first, and do it on a hot/warm day if you can