Playing in Devon

smo

As of next week i leave dorset and move to devon (kingsteignton).....can anyone fill me in on what clubs are about, and where i can go and play (pay'n'play) sites.

If anyone has greenlane info a PM would be appreciated as i know its not always likes to be discussed publically.

Cheers

SMO

Hi SMO,

Not far from me then... There is a massive amount of greenlanes locally- I haven't been for a while but am sure we can arrange an outing at some point to show you where some of them are (Ian H and FabSJ on here would be up for it as well)

Clubs wise I use 4x4Adventures- for challenges/ drive round days etc and Challenge South West- for challenges.

Friend of mine has been out laning withTorbay 4X4 Club a fair bit locally, and there is also a pay and play site at Haldon nearby- mentioned on here a few time though I have only done a challenge there rather than pay and play. There is also a small site at Trago Mills- pretty damn small and to be fair not that fantastic.

You will also be blessed with being a stones throw from OEC and Brookwells for parts etc.

Give me a shout when you are settled in and will arrange an outing!

Si

Nice one, cheers Si - i'll be bringing the 90 down to start wiht, the D-Lander will follow as soon as i have a workshop. I've found OEC already as the inlaws live along the same road!!

I'll give you a shout when i'm settled....start new job week monday too!

I stopped at a campsite near Torquay last week and there was a chap with a B(?) reg Tdi Ninety with a winch, who was talking about the large number of lanes in the area. He said he didn't use this site, but does anyone know him? It's a shame I couldn't afford any risk to break the car, it sounds like quite a good day out.

One thing chaps - is there a reliable, trustworthy local garage who can work on my 90 - with the family, new job and d-lander i simply dont have time to work on her and need the starter sorting and possibly a new clutch too???

My rates are very good really :D ... Not a proper garage but I wield a half decent spanner none the less!

Proper garages wise have a chat with Anton at OEC, the other option is Mike Harding in Bovey Tracey (same site as Brookwells) but he is not cheap... lots of other local ones about but I tend to do all that I can for myself so cannot comment on them specifically.

Jos- No probs... sounds like a proper outing is in order!

Turbo Charger- I am from Torquay originally- which campsite was it?

I promise. The everyday pain from the whiplash has finaly subsided now. Went for my first run today since the incident and it wasn't too painfull. So will gently increase the distance and speed now.

Just let us know when and where :rolleyes:

I promise. The everyday pain from the whiplash has finaly subsided now. Went for my first run today since the incident and it wasn't too painfull. So will gently increase the distance and speed now.

Just let us know when and where :rolleyes:

Glad you are feeling better- was a fair old whack... Also you do know that running is clinically proven to be bad for you don't you???

Will count you in! Anyone else interested whilst we are at it??!!

Glad you are feeling better- was a fair old whack... Also you do know that running is clinically proven to be bad for you don't you???

Will count you in! Anyone else interested whilst we are at it??!!

If running is bad for you, can you e-mail my boss and let him know. I have to go out again this afternoon :(:(:( . And it's raining :(

Guest weeble

Couldn`t you stretch it out any longer then? :ph34r::ph34r::P:P

Couldn`t you stretch it out any longer then? :ph34r::ph34r::P:P

I'm in trg really. Ready for the next event. If I keep running it means the driver can't run me over again :P:P:P

As of next week i leave dorset and move to devon (kingsteignton).....can anyone fill me in on what clubs are about, and where i can go and play (pay'n'play) sites.

If anyone has greenlane info a PM would be appreciated as i know its not always likes to be discussed publically.

Cheers

SMO

Yes, that is very close to me ...................... plenty of lanes locally, although the lanes in the South Hams (about 10-15 miles away) are better but I guess that is because I have driven these lanes for over 30 years !

Not much in the way of pay n play sites but if you need to specifically test out something then I know of several farms in the area that are happy to let us play for a while.

:)

BBC - sounds good, look forward to meeting you all - strangely enough someone mentioned you today at OEC - i dont know who the chap is (yet) but has a red 90 on a glav chassis, was there when i dropped off my 90 to have the starter sorted as i'm tool-less.

I can safely say to anyone thinking if using U-Drive for van hire, DONT! I turned up this morning as arranged (only yesterday!) to be told i wasnt allowed a van with a towbar because of their insurance.....why they didnt mention this yesterday when i booked it in person and went through every detail i dont know, long and short of it was no van, a very unhappy SMO and a nightmare move (think 90 on trailer..."van load" of stuff and an A3....fun and games!), thanks U-Drive, you b******s!

Went for my first run today since the incident and it wasn't too painfull. So will gently increase the distance and speed now.

what increase the distance over to more than the current 50m jog to Tea and Toast, i bet you only ran as you heard they were running out of bread!

Simon, if your organising then yes please, may even have a truck back together by then, best make it late Nov..... if not as a passenger am sure someone will have a seat!