Furneux Pelham

Mudcred

After a long day down at picadilly wood 4x4 site then down to Brighton the car was in a bit of a state, on the way home we decided to loosen some clay with a wash at Violets lane. It must have rained a hell of a lot, we run 37" boggers and 2" lift yet there was at least 1/2 a foot of water in the footwells, our feet were floating, and the bonnet was submerged (good job weve got lights above) :D . Anyone who wants a challenge should go and give it a go soon, but i must stress (Snorkel is a must and maybe two cars). Just thought id let you know, theres a free carwash going :P

It must have rained a hell of a lot

I spent 7 1/2 hours outside in the wind and rain at a Rugby tournament in Cambridge yesterday, and it rained for about 6 1/2 hours of that, so yes it did rain quite a bit yesterday ;) ;)

If Violets lane was that deep, you should have tried Standon ford on the way there. Would have had your arses wet too! ;) ;)

Steve

I spent 7 1/2 hours outside in the wind and rain at a Rugby tournament in Cambridge yesterday, and it rained for about 6 1/2 hours of that, so yes it did rain quite a bit yesterday ;) ;)

If Violets lane was that deep, you should have tried Standon ford on the way there. Would have had your arses wet too! ;) ;)

Steve

I am familiar with the Standon ford, but we thought violets lane was deeper for a better wash.

Of course, you are all aware that it is against the law to wash your car in a water course - like a river - aren't you? And that some have just incriminated themselves in writing? Dur.

Chris

Except to actually wash youd have to get out the vehicle whilst parked in the stream/river.

The problemis not the "washing", its the depositing of mud/silt into a watercourse however in flood conditions the EA wouldnt be able to prove anything because the river is most likely carring an excess from surface runoff anyway...

Of course, you are all aware that it is against the law to wash your car in a water course - like a river - aren't you? And that some have just incriminated themselves in writing? Dur.

Chris

Of course, you are all aware i did not personally wash the car the river did the work!

I would suggest that the act of going through the river ford with the stated aim of washing the car/achieving the removal of mud would count as washing the car in a water course.

My point is, if you do it, don't talk about it in public. I know an EA employee who reads these forums - as an enthusiast, nothing else. Who knows who else is looking?

Chris

Steve

Steve

The County Cup at Ely was called off due to the rain!

John