can i put 205's on a 110???

freeagent

just to get me out of trouble, and stop me having to cummute 400 miles a week on my deestones i've been offered a set of 205x16 tyre to shove on the 110.... will they be ok, or will they look realy silly and lower the gearing too much???

i ran the 110 on 31x10.5x15's for ages and think they were the same size as 205's.....

any hints please.....

thanks

m@tt.

just to get me out of trouble, and stop me having to cummute 400 miles a week on my deestones i've been offered a set of 205x16 tyre to shove on the 110.... will they be ok, or will they look realy silly and lower the gearing too much???

i ran the 110 on 31x10.5x15's for ages and think they were the same size as 205's.....

any hints please.....

thanks

m@tt.

My dad used to put 205 size wheels on a 110. They were the disco tyres . they were for the main reason that it improved towing no end, as it gave you more low down power . And as his 110 spent 99% of the time with a trailer on the back it made it alot better to drive

Although the engine will rev slightly higher it dosenty mean it will burn that much more fuel, the load on the engine will be reduced in the same proportion as the incre3ase in engine speed.

The fuel comsumption change will depend more on your driving style having that new slightly lower gearing.