Supplier Feedback

bishbosh

Just a quick line to say how impressed I am with the service I received from Gwyn Lewis. I quizzed him about propshafts and then bought one on Monday to recieve it on Tuesday. Gwyn gave great advice and no sales pressure. He even gave a LR4x4 discount too. Highly recommended.

You should see the prop - the yokes are comedy big compared to LR ones! Don't think I'll be replacing that anytime soon! Even came with a "special" :ph34r: tube of grease.

Having bought a prop, I then got onto Kev Baldwin's MUD UK for a MUD Console. A quick and friendly (LR4x4 discounted)transaction with Chris and the next morning it was on my doorstep. Propper service and (although it isn't fitted yet) a great looking product.

I would whole heartedly recommend both companies :rolleyes:

Haven't bought from Gwyn yet, but I have spoken to him on a number of occasions, very helpful guy.... :)

Bish, I take it this was just an upgrade on the stock prop, or did you need a different length after all?

If we are making a list of good guys then can I add Devon 4x4? Spent some time on the phone with them trying to identify my springs, and what I wanted - ordered the set, fitted them, but they weren't right. Spoke to simon at Billing who then recommended a different set, handed them to me, and just asked me to send the old ones back in the box. Superb service IMHO.

Mark

Haven't bought from Gwyn yet, but I have spoken to him on a number of occasions, very helpful guy.... :)

Bish, I take it this was just an upgrade on the stock prop, or did you need a different length after all?

The prop the 90 came with was damaged so kind Mr Watts gave me one of his "unknown quantity" props to try. Unfortunately that was FUBAR. I have the Gwyn Lewis shock mounts and +5 shocks and I have heard that standard prop UJ's don't last very well with this setup.

As a standard replacement prop was around £100 I decided to bite the bullet and get the right tool for the job.

As far as length goes, according the Gwyn, standard rear operating length is 667mm. To the nearest 10mm my flange distance was 680mm (I rounded up). To quote Gwyn "10mm in Land Rover tolerances is nothing!". So the drivetrain is in more or less the right place. :)

As far as length goes, according the Gwyn, standard rear operating length is 667mm. To the nearest 10mm my flange distance was 680mm (I rounded up). To quote Gwyn "10mm in Land Rover tolerances is nothing!". So the drivetrain is in more or less the right place. :)

How the heck did we manage that? :blink: That piece of string must have been super-accurate :P

You're absolutely right -£65 extra is next to nothing considering what we spend on these builds...

Can certainly add to the satisfaction list for Mud UK and Devon4x4, living in the channel islands often presents high postage costs often exploited by certain companies. Both the above were and are more than willing every time I order to find the best postage solution and just generally offer great customer service. X-Eng is another but we all know that! had the pleasure of meeting Simon at the LRO show this summer very nice guy.