Which CD player

Guest noggy AKA Mortus

I would like to know, what CD player i can fit to my offroader project

it will only have +12 and ground, what are my options?

got a budget of around £50

Young Nog,

The venerable ciderchap is indeed correct and Blaupunkt get my vote too. However cds are so old hat these days, why not get one of these, I have one and like it lots :)

Mo

yeah, but thats more expensive again... and i have to go to the expense of buying a MP3 player or other external device.

kinda destroys the point of having it, because i could wire a mp3 straight to my amp..

yeah, but thats more expensive again... and i have to go to the expense of buying a MP3 player or other external device.

kinda destroys the point of having it, because i could wire a mp3 straight to my amp..

No you don't, you just stick an SD in the slot in the front of it and off it goes.... no need for an MP3 player at all. Bish got a JVC mem stick reading head unit for very reasonable pounds recently... maybe once he's stopped drooling over that powered hacksaw of his he will be along to reply ;)

Guest diesel_jim

I was in Maplins on friday, and they've got some CD/MP3 players for £44.99, with a USB port so you can plug in a mem-stick/mobile/data card etc and not have jumping CD's again.

Never heard of the make before, but most Jap electronic stuff is pretty reliable these days anyway.

Here it is <----clicky

Yep, I bought and am very happy with a JVC KD G351 which was about £50 delivered from eblag.

I bought it for the USB input as with a memory stick I can get a gazilllion* songs on it and never have to worry about the CD drive jumping off road.

A 90 degree (left angle) USB extenion lead (also from ebay) is also worth having so the memory stick can be tucked out of the way.

* might be a slight approximation.

No you don't, you just stick an SD in the slot in the front of it and off it goes.... no need for an MP3 player at all. Bish got a JVC mem stick reading head unit for very reasonable pounds recently... maybe once he's stopped drooling over that powered hacksaw of his he will be along to reply ;)

and where am i ment to get loads of SD cards from?

Maplins looks good thanks Jim!! probaby the one im gonna go for infact!

yeah, ok i can see the USB thing being really handy... and easier to organise that a silly IPOD

i'll nip down to halfrauds and see what they have to offer...

A shop ? :) I use a single 2 gb card, you get heaps on it !

Mo

Yep, even 16GB ones aren't too steep nowadays, one album ~150MB, 6 albums per 1GB ish, that's nearly 100 albums on a 16GB card which plugs right into your PC for you to load up... You don't need loads of them, in fact I wouldn't recommend more than one really.