90/110 brake servo's

Chris Davies

Whats wrong with the servo fitted to the later series trucks. that and its pedal box should drop strate in.

Just gathering info really, I already have a series 3 servo fitted to my series 2 and it works well but now have some front discs so wanted the extra boost and the 60/40 front rear split that the 90/110 servo offers.

Ive got a RR booster and cylinder on a SIII pedal box (in a SII) and the filler cap hits the bonnet, there is plenty of clearance around the rest of it

Does anyone know if a 200Tdi Discovery master cylinder will bolt onto a SIII servo, or if the complete Discovery master and servo assembly will fit a SIII pedal box without alteration?

Does anyone know if a 200Tdi Discovery master cylinder will bolt onto a SIII servo, or if the complete Discovery master and servo assembly will fit a SIII pedal box without alteration?

Well the RR one needed new holes drilled on the pedal box and a different push rod

Early 90/110 pedal assmebly will fit. However you'll need to cut a chunk out of the steel re-inforcing on the inside of the bonnet to clear the top of the pedal box. Standard series bonnet will then shut. As the whole thing is thicker than the series one, it moves the master cylinder forward so you need to trim the inner wing to clear. If you're running defedner bonnet then it'll clear no probs.

Bear in mind that the footwells are a different shape on a series so it all sits in different pleaces than on a 90. The later large diameter servo will not fit as the bonnet wont shut - been there tried that!

90/110 and series masters are interchangeable, so you can put the 60/40 master onto the series servo etc.

I'm running an early 90/110 servo and pedal box, but with the standard series master cylinder, with disks all round.

Jon

I have early 90/110 servo (the deeper but smaller diameter one) and 110 master cylinder on the 109, needed a small notch in the wing and that's about it. It's mounted to the Series pedal box with a square adapter plate.

Like FF, I have a 110 servo with a 110 master cylinder on the 88" hybrid. Other than a small amount of trimming on the inner wing it fits perfectly.

Todd.

Early 90/110 pedal assmebly will fit. However you'll need to cut a chunk out of the steel re-inforcing on the inside of the bonnet to clear the top of the pedal box. Standard series bonnet will then shut. As the whole thing is thicker than the series one, it moves the master cylinder forward so you need to trim the inner wing to clear. If you're running defedner bonnet then it'll clear no probs.

Bear in mind that the footwells are a different shape on a series so it all sits in different pleaces than on a 90. The later large diameter servo will not fit as the bonnet wont shut - been there tried that!

90/110 and series masters are interchangeable, so you can put the 60/40 master onto the series servo etc.

I'm running an early 90/110 servo and pedal box, but with the standard series master cylinder, with disks all round.

Jon

Ah, ok, so I could use a 90/110 master and gain the 60/40 split without having to change the servo but then wont gain from the extra boost the 90/110 servo gives.

Do you only need to cut a chunk out of the bonnet if you are using the 90/110 pedal box?

So series pedal box 90/110 servo and 90/110 master requires some sort of an adaptor if I understand correctly what Mr freezer said?

More options to think about than I thought :unsure::unsure:

Cheers

Chris

Do you only need to cut a chunk out of the bonnet if you are using the 90/110 pedal box?

Yes - I'm using a Series pedal box and just had to make a slight notch in the wing top.

So series pedal box 90/110 servo and 90/110 master requires some sort of an adaptor if I understand correctly what Mr freezer said?

Yes, but it's just some ~5-10mm plate with a few holes in to allow you to bolt the two together and space the arm back a bit.