hello i am new

susan

many thanks for leting me on the site to all that run it

my names susan and i live in durham , i dont have a range rover yet as ive spent the last two hours looking at most of the poists here too get as much info as poss . i do have a 4x4 but i dont think many of you will know what it is , but heres a pic of it any way

thanks susan xx

cde0_19.jpg

Well now is the time to Buy as the price for them has hitting rock bottom but I have no doubt it will still fall.

I'm happy fuel has dropped in price in I can't manage more than 11mpg out of my wifes new to us 4.6 (she gets 18mpg) :P

I've just got a 65k mile Range Rover 4.6 HSE for a very good price

many thanks for the welcome and im still reading ! am not going to buy a heap as its better better to buy the best you can afford , im looking at a late oil burner tomorrow , i like devs and i had my golf country changed to a tdi with bigger turbo for that like extra grunt :P

There are lots of Range Rover Classics out there for little money so if that's what your after then try & get late model L reg Vogue SE without air suspension but check for rusty bits, they all seem to have them but some far worse than others. If its the later P38 your after then take somebody who really knows there stuff as they can be trouble if you pick a lemon.

You still want one?

Don't ask us why we have them because I'm not sure anyone knows, its just a disease we all have :wacko:

I still reckon there's mileage in the air suspension system, you can replace the box-o-tricks with simple up/down switches and then have total control of the height and level of your vehicle. OK the airbags may be getting a bit old by now and need replacing, but that's not the huge expense it once was. I could quite fancy building a play day P38, once you get past the mass of electronics they've got a lot going for them.

welcome B)

and for whats its worth my 93 vogue se has been converted to coil suspension as all through its life (i have every invoice for it) it has had prolems with its air suspension :o .

reminds me i must rip off the air tanks and compressor stuff as its dead weight now

They're troublesome, but they're cheap - bit like the 1.8 Freelanders which are also good little cars if you are prepared to tackle their flaws rather than run screaming like most. Look at the spec sheet of a P38 - decent engines, strong(er) gearboxes and axles, loads of toys, traction control and all that jazz, for peanuts.

They're troublesome, but they're cheap - bit like the 1.8 Freelanders which are also good little cars if you are prepared to tackle their flaws rather than run screaming like most. Look at the spec sheet of a P38 - decent engines, strong(er) gearboxes and axles, loads of toys, traction control and all that jazz, for peanuts.

My Dad has been looking at the P38 as I think he is getting the Land Rover bug from me :P I like them too & always have, its just a good friend of mine in a mechanic at Guy Salmon Land Rover for some years now & has always steered me clear of them.

He has nothing but bad things to say about them every time I mention maybe getting one his words are " you need deep pockets for one of those" Its the parts that are not so cheap as some bits I've been told are Land Rover main dealer only :unsure:

Well, yes, but then running anything on main dealer parts is going to cost - the value I reckon would be as a play day toy - so you're less bothered about the memory on the electric seats working perfectly but quite enjoy the 4.6 V8 and ETC helping you along. Keeping all the stock systems in order is going to be a pain, but I reckon most if not all of them could be worked round in a reasonable manner.

Hello Susan, welcome, but are you still reading this thread?

Just a tip, if you don't keep giving people a steer this thread could easily wander off into a bottomless bog.

I have wondered which sort of Range Rover you are interested in; the only clue you have given is 'late oil burner'.

Doesn't help us much because we don't know what your 'Late' is relative to; todays date, or the model range?

Late Classics, late 38As, late L332s, I'm sure there are advocates of them all (although not all of them will dare post in this forum).

Your call.

PS

Just reviewing the post before hitting 'Add Reply' and realised I hadn't checked your profile for clues:

Last visited 22nd Dec, Interests - ..... Classic Range Rover.

Hmmm, your first Land Rover is to be at least 13 years old .... a lot would say that's an area where Angels would fear to tread.

OK, that's me out, but others are available :-)

HTH, Cheers.

sorry i havnt been on due to xmas and stuff , im looking at the later classic shape around a h plate etc ect i did not get the one i looked at the other day due to it needing a head gas.

oh well im in no rush , the longer i wait the more pennys i will have !

must people think im mad as i only have older cars like mk1, mk2 golf gtis, and a mk1 astra gte, i just dont get the new stuff its 80s and 90s for me

Hi Susan welcome to the forum ;)

If your looking for a Classic, the later ones aren't always the best :blink:

Alot of ppl on this and different forums have said that the last of the classics (L plate on) where made of lesser quality metal, and suffered rot more than some of the earlier ones( something to bear in mind)