advice in lro magazine

V8CAMEL

picked up a copy of the lro comic last night to look at the article with petal in it ( that was a waste just pictures and no article)

got to the technical workshop pages were there was a "letter" about someone who had a series and a knackered disco. they were planning a new chassis and wanted to utilise the axles ( so must have been a coil sprung replacement chassis) they wanted to know what else they could use

the response was engine gearbox and transfer box.

that would leave just the body and the vin number remaining from the original vehcile.

i was very dispointed that there was no mention informing DVLA in the uk or equivilant for other countries. and no mention of SVA etc

it is possible (although rather expensive) to get a coil sprung series chassis from Marsland IIRC. I priced one up last year for a friend of mine, it was going to add £500 to the basic leaf chassis - how would this affect an SVA i wonder??

i can see your point about not mentioning SVA's (although that will be replaced in the next few months - there is a good guide to it in Practical Performance Car - Jan 09 issue - with some rather interesting points) though - very naughty.

it is possible (although rather expensive) to get a coil sprung series chassis from Marsland IIRC. I priced one up last year for a friend of mine, it was going to add £500 to the basic leaf chassis - how would this affect an SVA i wonder??

i can see your point about not mentioning SVA's (although that will be replaced in the next few months - there is a good guide to it in Practical Performance Car - Jan 09 issue - with some rather interesting points) though - very naughty.

i know you can get coil sprung series chassis but that would not be a like for like replacement, also would mean the original axles cant be used

To be honest if anyone is foolish enough to do something that major without asking the DVLA for advice then it's their lookout. Really it's common sense to check with the relevant authorities - just because somethings possible doesn't mean it's legal.

To go solely on the advice of a biased publication though is on another level of stupidity