main dealers

joe sharpe

went to stealers today to get 4 studs and 4 nuts to hold turbo on to exhaust manifold what a shock i got £4,67 each stud £6.59 each nut ,no its not a mistake and had to buy nuts in 10ns nearly £90 quid so it looks like i will be trawling the net for 4 studs and nuts :angry::angry::angry::angry: well done farnells guiseley.

I find nuts and bolts are best bought from Ye Local Nut And Bolt Shoppe, although the main stealers are surprisingly reasonable (if not exactly cheap) for genuine parts for older vehicles. We are spoilt really, you try that with a lot of other brands of car and see how far you get with a non-service item from a vehicle they no longer sell.

went to stealers today to get 4 studs and 4 nuts to hold turbo on to exhaust manifold what a shock i got £4,67 each stud £6.59 each nut ,no its not a mistake and had to buy nuts in 10ns nearly £90 quid so it looks like i will be trawling the net for 4 studs and nuts :angry::angry::angry::angry: well done farnells guiseley.
You blame the main dealer,but the greedy one is LR - talk to the parts "operative" and find out what the dealership paid for your nuts.Often Britpart buy in parts from LR lots cheaper than dealers can.

Not saying its right,just that the manufacturers control most of it.

Did you pop down to jake wrights or up to the nut and bolt shop just before the station?

The last thing i bought from farnells was a 300tdi waterpump and pgasket at £32 wich ididnt think was too bad.

Will.

V8 exhaust manifold extended bolts (with an extra long tapped head for holding the starter motor heat shield), around £8 each + VAT from Gatwick LR. They seem to be as soft as poop compared to the standard UNC bolt. Guess this is why they snapped so easily. :(

Did you pop down to jake wrights or up to the nut and bolt shop just before the station?

The last thing i bought from farnells was a 300tdi waterpump and pgasket at £32 wich ididnt think was too bad.

Will.

went to green oval garage leeds very helpfull and friendly guy and only cost a fiver well chuffed.

cheers joe.

Cluckin' terrible. I mean everybody knows that dealers have absolute control over Land Rover prices and they listen to everything that their dealers tell them :rolleyes:

I need new brake pads on my TDV8 sport, just had the quote from Guy Salmon (coventry) £699 :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Tim