Suggestions on parabolic setup?

Chicken Drumstick

if your set on RMs join the que as RM are dragging there feet when it comes to make / supply parabolic springs i ended up getting some GME ones from paddocks as they didn't have any s**tpart ones in fitted them on today no probs the p/ns are front LR001L and rear LR002L hope this helps ?

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi.

I would suggest 3 leaves rather than 2, even in a pick-up. If you ever put much in the back, the 2 leaf set-up will wallow. If you are going to run extended shackles, the +2" shocks may not be enough and you may get some strongish propshaft bind at full extension. It would be best if you changed the springs and shocks first, get everything settled in and look at extended shackles down the road if you really want them.

Yeah have to agree. I have two leaf rear parras on my rag top 88 and they cant handle more than 75- 100kgs in the rear without turning into a marshmellow. Hate to think what it would be like with a hardtop fitted!!!

Running extended shackles and parrabolics will definately give you vibration on the front prop... as i found out.

I would suggest 3 leaves rather than 2, even in a pick-up. If you ever put much in the back, the 2 leaf set-up will wallow. If you are going to run extended shackles, the +2" shocks may not be enough and you may get some strongish propshaft bind at full extension. It would be best if you changed the springs and shocks first, get everything settled in and look at extended shackles down the road if you really want them.

Thanks.

The vehicle is only going to be used off road, RTV trials mostly or going over the fields. One thing I've noticed on other Series motors running 3 leaf setups is they don't articulate very well at the rear, but maybe its just the setup on those vehicles. They are all 88" pickups too but I don't know the make of springs.

if your set on RMs join the que as RM are dragging there feet when it comes to make / supply parabolic springs i ended up getting some GME ones from paddocks as they didn't have any s**tpart ones in fitted them on today no probs the p/ns are front LR001L and rear LR002L hope this helps ?

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi.

Graham, I'd be interested to hear your view on the Paddock Paras as i am looking at getting them for my Series 3...

Many thanks

Mark

I've been running an unknown set of paras on my 88 for about a year and a half.........well worth doing!

Ive got the 3 leaf ones on the rear,i suspect that i would have broken any 2 leafs with the amount of carp i carry about(engines,gearbox's etc)

Which dampers are you running?

Hi

I Fitted sh**part para's to my 88 with 1 ton shackles. First problem was the front prop, the long shackels push the front of the Diff nose down causing the prop to bind on the front UJ. My prefered soulution was to cut the spring seats off the axle, twist the axle to correct the prop angle and weld them back on. The other option is to buy wedges to go between the axle and spring, but some people have experienced problems with them slipping. Shold also say that either soulution will increse the castor angel but I have not noticed any difference in the steering.

I had no problems with the rear prop as the long shackles push the Diff nose up.

I did find that on the road the standard shocks can't cope to well with the Para's, so I fitted some Pro comp ES3000 and have found them to be exellent.

The overall result is a big improvment in articulation, and on road performance is fine also.

Hope this is helpfull.

Bill

My prefered soulution was to cut the spring seats off the axle, twist the axle to correct the prop angle and weld them back on. The other option is to buy wedges to go between the axle and spring, but some people have experienced problems with them slipping. Shold also say that either soulution will increse the castor angel but I have not noticed any difference in the steering.

Bill

Why should it increase the caster angle, the 1 ton shackles decreased the angle first, all you are doing is correcting it.

Marc.

I was informed on my other thread that CP has retired and sold out. Not in business anymore.

I have decided to replace my parabolic rear with a new pair of parabolics. I have just ordered a pair from Landranger Services in Stockport. I don't know how good they will be, but I will post a comparison soon.