Cage pics

northernchris

Hi chris,

Very very nice, envious of the time, skill and effort that has gone in to it. Two things though,

It might be a trick of the photos but there doesn't seem to be that much protection for the tops of the doors, ie when your leaning on trees.

And personally the front of the cage doesn't look stong enough, though it might just be me being used to seeing a "proper" front hoop.

All the same though damned nice looking piece of kit.

Hi chris,

Very very nice, envious of the time, skill and effort that has gone in to it. Two things though,

It might be a trick of the photos but there doesn't seem to be that much protection for the tops of the doors, ie when your leaning on trees.

And personally the front of the cage doesn't look stong enough, though it might just be me being used to seeing a "proper" front hoop.

All the same though damned nice looking piece of kit.

Cheers diesel

The pics dont show that well how the cage runs along the door tops.

Chris

Thanks for that nige.

I posted the same pics on the devon 4x4 forum and got loads of smart arse remarks!!!! IT JUST SHOWS THE DIFFERANCE BETWEEN THE FORUMS.

I would love to build something like out of this world but at the mo time is the limiting factor which is frustraing with have ALL the tools to hand to put together a real good one off.

Chris

Chris,

Not at all.

[rant mode selected warp factor 9 :lol: ]

Wot REALLY P****s me off F BIG * time is when muppets come up to me at events, and then say

"Is that your 90 / (or in the past) Hybrid ?"

"Yeah" :huh:

"yeah...nice.....but when I do mine I think I do X this way or that way cos it will be better"

Apart from instantly in mind then branding themselves as a know-it-all-pratt the sader fact is most of these muppets drive a HOS, or better still F all and have no fabrication skill, no idea, little knowledge, an apart from a big ego F all hope of ever doing anything.

I have been known to bait these cretins...

"Which is you 4x4 then ?"...

"How many Hybrids / cages / Xs have you built then"

"How do you find the best way to anneal metals ?"

most then have a

"Er um" answer

But my absoute favorite is

"Why don't you **** off you irritating knowitall little T*** ******* like you get on my *i**" .......normally does it :P

[rant mode off and breath in and calm :lol: ]

The ones who have ever done anything close to the mods / build a 4x4 always say nice, built in just the weekend / week month then grin laugh and you know they KNOW :lol:

So, chris, after you biult the cage, what did you do for the rest of the day :lol::lol::lol::lol: ?

Nige

Chris,

Not at all.

Wot REALLY P****s me off F BIG * time is when muppets come up to me at events, and then say

"yeah...nice.....but when I do mine I think I do X this way or that way cos it will be better"

Apart from instantly in mind then branding themselves as a know-it-all-pratt the sader fact is most of these muppets drive a HOS, or better still F all and have no fabrication skill, no idea, little knowledge, an apart from a big ego F all hope of ever doing anything.

most then have a

"Er um" answer

"Why don't you **** off you irritating knowitall little T*** ******* like you get on my *i**" .......normally does it :P

The ones who have ever done anything close to the mods / build a 4x4 always say nice, built in just the weekend / week month then grin laugh and you know they KNOW :lol:

So, chris, after you biult the cage, what did you do for the rest of the day :lol::lol::lol::lol: ?

Nige

EXACTLY

Chris,

Not at all.

most then have a

"Er um" answer

Nige

Nigel, you know my feelings. ;):rolleyes:

Chris, LOVELY JOB!!!! There are only a few people out there (and even fewer businesses) that build really good cages. What really pi$$es me off about a lot of cages out there is creating an external cage that doesn't follow the lines of the bodywork (particularly on bends). WHY???? It just looks wrong! Yours is a nice design that looks a bit differant. My experience with tube is limitied but for an A level I built a go-kart and the tubework for the chassis drove me insane. I reccon it took me 40 hours to get it right! The only question I have is why didn't you go for diagonals over the roof rather than straight bars?

Will,

1. Did you weld it ?

2. Did you use it ?

3. How come your alive ? :lol:

4. Post a pic of yer cross member :rolleyes:

Nige

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes, but I made a small error in the steering setup which made the handling somewhat interesting..... :unsure:

4. Err, not one of my best bits of fabrication but it was done in a couple of hours.....

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice looking cage Chris. Sounds like you're going to get VERY busy pretty soon! I hadn't forgotten about bringing my cage in to you by the way - I just haven't got round to removing it from the donor vehicle yet...you know how things are!! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...