Cage pics

northernchris

Very nice indeed Chris - looks absolutely cracking!

Paint looks real smooth too - what's the spec for the tube / paint?

Something a little different, like it.

Al.

Cheers AL

The tube is CDS 2 45mm x 3.6mm

The cage was painted with etch primer then the black is plasti cote satin black, a real P.I.T.A to paint with!!!

Chris

Not usually keen with exo cages but that actually looks pretty cool and very nicely fabbed. I can see the pads on the outside but some pics of the inner hoop and hwo the two are attached would be nice (please) and cage to rock slider mounts.

How easy is it to get the tilt off and back on again?

Not usually keen with exo cages but that actually looks pretty cool and very nicely fabbed. I can see the pads on the outside but some pics of the inner hoop and hwo the two are attached would be nice (please) and cage to rock slider mounts.

How easy is it to get the tilt off and back on again?

Pics 3 and 4 you can see the feet they are 10mm x 45mm x 125mm bolted with 12mm 12.9 cap heads and nylocks,sorry no pics of inside.

The plates on the side go through to an internal hoop which is mounted on the side of the tub AND to the chassis via a cross dia and 2 rear stays.

Chris

Thanks, that helps. So is the internal hoop a new fab or a customised mil hoop with new back and floor stays. (Sorry but with a rag top myself I'm really interrested in how you've done this).

Mil hoop INSIDE with T45 rear stays and dia.The canvas can be pulled out from behind the plate by taking the bolts out i never roll the side up anyway.

Chris

Thanks for the comments lads.

I would have thoughht moglite and hybrid would have gave it a roasting ;);)

Nah we are not that mean :lol:

Lovely craftsmanship. Like the CDS, love the tube fillets.

Why three tubes running lengthways though ?

Just for looks or to protect the soft-top ?

Nah we are not that mean :lol:

Lovely craftsmanship. Like the CDS, love the tube fillets.

Why three tubes running lengthways though ?

Just for looks or to protect the soft-top ?

The 3 bars are to help in the event of it going over to stop anything pushing through into the cab area.Even though we are going to be wearing helmets this year.

Regards chris

Thanks for the comments lads.

I would have thoughht moglite and hybrid would have gave it a roasting ;);)

Absolutely no way. :o

The quality of the work looks top notch, as does the design, welding and general finish.

I also don't 'like' the hoops on the outside, yet they are FAR more practical, .......and just cos I don't like the style of something ....or the tube OD etc .......doesn't mean I can't see through it to the quality and time obviously taken for a top job, ...........and cage work is an absolute PITFA........ period !

Prob the nicest exo I have seen in a long time................. :D

Nige

Absolutely no way. :o

The quality of the work looks top notch, as does the design, welding and general finish.

I also don't 'like' the hoops on the outside, yet they are FAR more practical, .......and just cos I don't like the style of something ....or the tube OD etc .......doesn't mean I can't see through it to the quality and time obviously taken for a top job, ...........and cage work is an absolute PITFA........ period !

Prob the nicest exo I have seen in a long time................. :D

Nige

Thanks for that nige. :D:D

I posted the same pics on the devon 4x4 forum and got loads of smart arse remarks!!!! IT JUST SHOWS THE DIFFERANCE BETWEEN THE FORUMS.

I would love to build something like out of this world but at the mo time is the limiting factor which is frustraing with have ALL the tools to hand to put together a real good one off.

Chris

Personally I think this talk of T45 and CDS is modernism for no other reason than out of commercial interest.. you cant beat a bit of green oak, eco friendly and easy to work, for rally cars teak is a good lightweight substitute.

I am currently growing a nice bramble bull bar - this should counter any arguements that Land Rover motor cars arent green.

Progress is futile