lt77 - what oil?

thanks for the replies guys,

im going to obviously change the oil, but is it worth flushing the gearbox out with something, or would a straight swap be ok???

cheers

jase

Just drain it and let that stuff drain for a few hours because its thick. Hope your lucky and have not done any damage

Jase,

I use ATF because it's easy to find and that was originally specced by Land Rover. If I was doing 50k a year in it I would consider the fancy expensive oil but I don't so I won't, it's cost just isn't justified.

I've had no problems with my gearbox. DON'T use EP90 in the main gearbox, only in the transfer box.

HTH

Mo

MTF 94 =10W40 ENGINE OIL

It may be similar viscosity but I very much doubt it contains the same additive pack, in the same way diesel engine oil is different to petrol.

Also Rover specced MTF94 for the R380 which is the successor to the LT77 and pretty much the same box.

just to update!

i changed the oil in the gearbox today, hell what a difference in viscosity between ep90 and the ATF! what was i thinking puttin that horrible stuff in?!?! :huh:

well it ran like a dream, and the changes feel much much better, so thanks everyone :)

jase