Front End Overhangs with winches fitted - HELP PLEASE !

:P

or rather :( ..................

Whilst having a good 'lookie and measure up' last night I found my initial plans may be a non runner :(

What I am interested in is for those here with winches, and either 90 or RR chasiised 90 hybrids,

could you please look at the distance at the front (the "overhang") and grab a tape measure :

ie

At the end of the 90 chassis, - the front bit with the rubber plug in it - measure from here

to the furthest sticky out point of the winch assembly (EX FAIRLEAD) and post up the length and

if your really kind a pic too :) ??

If you are unable to "See" the end of the chassis bit as its maybe "hidden" within the bumper then as plan B

could you do the same measurement, but use the centre point of one of the two vertical bumper bolts

as the datum, but FFS tell me which of the 2 datums - end of chassis vs centre of bolt head you have used :lol:

Ta Muchly muchly

Nige :(

From the end of the chassis to the front face of the winch mount it's 60mm on mine - 8274 mounted above the chassis.

I had to modify the front cross member to achieve that, the rear of the 8274 sits inside the cross member.

Mine sticks out 30mm past the front of the chassis (the bit you talk about isn't there any longer!) and sits on top. I had to move the rad back quite close to the steering box to do this. got some pics on the home pc so I'll post them later.

Therea approx 2" of free space between where the rad would be mounted as std & the steering box that you could possibly move the rad housing back to gain a bit of extra room. I moved my rad back closer to the steering box to gain that little extra. I ended up remaking a d44 bumper to allow the winch to sit back further but was a bit of a headache. Theres very little space left between the rad & winch(8274) now and could probably do with a drum protector. The front of the bumper now sit approx 3" in front of the chassis rail.DOnt know how that compares with others but has made for a good approach angle.

From the end of the dumb iron to the most sticky outy bit is 140mm thats with no cutting out of grills etc for winch, if you wer to cut the grill u could recess the winch about 40/50mm further at a guess. It gives me plenty of approach for what i do

gallery_3861_741_18068.jpg

From the centre of the mounting bolts 120mm

Front cross member was moved as far back as it would go to the power steering box when I had the H14 in, and the front legs were cut back

Mine sticks out 30mm past the front of the chassis (the bit you talk about isn't there any longer!) and sits on top. I had to move the rad back quite close to the steering box to do this. got some pics on the home pc so I'll post them later.

post-1274-1241345106_thumb.jpg

Was built in a rush before an event with a view to building a tidy one but as always seem to have not got round to it yet. The folded plates did arrive a few weeks ago so it might happen soon. Gives an idea of positions tho!