windscreen squirter info?

John Craddock always responds and ships my parts within a day, no matter the size and I simply place orders online.

If part of your order is an Exmoor trim piece, that will be a special order and they need to wait in Exmoor, who are not especially fast...

Well, that's good to hear. I am into day two, and no response of any kind to either the online order form or two emails. One to their "contact us" form, and the other to their "enquiries" at Craddock etc. email address.

How do you usually contact them? And how do they ship to Canada? I have hopes this might work out.

They ship Parcelforce, IIRC, which becomes Post on my end, which is what I want.

If I were you....seeing as you have special needs, I would call.

Ah, yes. Post is the kiss of death here. Would be better off taking the merchandise and smashing it with a hammer at the source. Would save the cost of postage and skip all the anxiety wondering what became of it, month after month.

Strange, but four years ago I couldn't imagine living in a country with no official, fixed road names and no house numbers and no postmen delivering mail. Now, it doesn't seem to be such a big deal.

Until someone tries to mail me something, of course. Still, comes in handy when the IRS is trying to find me.

Oh, it's primitive, I tell you. Harsh. Nasty environmental conditions, high salt. UV. Constant wind. And we are just about to move into hurricane season. And I think we are low on sunblock.

I prised it open and although I somehow lost some little interior part ( it shot out of there so fast I never saw it, so would assume it's a spring) I put it back together and can use it now. NOT as a check valve, because it no longer works. It is now just a coupling until I can get a replacement one ordered. So, it just takes a little longer for the fluid to reach the windscreen.

Speaking of ordering, the frustration continues. I have now tried for two days to place an order with Craddock. I know it's not a huge order, some $ 650 or so worth of parts, but to me it's a substantial starting order.

But I cannot get any response from them via their online ordering form, their online "contact us" form, or direct email to them. Nothing. Zip. Nada.

SO, if Craddock was your first choice and you could not get any response from them, who would be your second choice as a good supplier?

http://www.famousfour.com/delivery.php famousfour

http://www.apbtrading.co.uk apbtrading

I have used both companies amongst others, they are helpful and may be able to provide remote delivery. Famousfour do Fedex and UPS.

HTH

Pete

Thank you Pete. I wil now try to see if I can get any response from either of those. I am into day three without a whisper of a reply of any kind from Craddock. Do you think a $ 600 order is just too small to interest them?

I started out trying to place an order online with LR Direct. No response.

I have tried several times to place an order with Craddocks online. No response.

I took a look at Famous Four's site this morning, and they don't list the little pieces I need. I am trying to source it all from one supplier, and establish the ways of making it happen so I don't have to keep going through this time after time.

I don't want to be paying $ 100 shipping with four different vendors for $ 20 parts from each. I need a vendor who can ship Fed Ex or UPS. Too many of them insist on using the British postal service. I don't know what la la world they live in, but the British Postal Service has absolutely zero chance of being able to deliver something here.

It's getting a bit frustrating. I have been trying to order these parts now for three days. And don't have a single one ordered yet. I just basically get absolutely no response of any kind from any UK suppliers online.

There are times lately when I think I should just sell the damned Defenders and buy Toyota.

Hi I know you seem to have got the wash wiper thing sorted but I found this article about a cheap mod and it may be an alternative as I'm sure the parts will be easy to source.. here it is http://forum.landrovernet.com/showthread.p...r+wash+wipe+mod

Hope it's of use

Have fun

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately, I got an error message. Something about me not having the right to view that site or something.

Just the way my week has been going, it seems.

I started out trying to place an order online with LR Direct. No response.

I have tried several times to place an order with Craddocks online. No response.

I took a look at Famous Four's site this morning, and they don't list the little pieces I need. I am trying to source it all from one supplier, and establish the ways of making it happen so I don't have to keep going through this time after time.

I don't want to be paying $ 100 shipping with four different vendors for $ 20 parts from each. I need a vendor who can ship Fed Ex or UPS. Too many of them insist on using the British postal service. I don't know what la la world they live in, but the British Postal Service has absolutely zero chance of being able to deliver something here.

It's getting a bit frustrating. I have been trying to order these parts now for three days. And don't have a single one ordered yet. I just basically get absolutely no response of any kind from any UK suppliers online.

There are times lately when I think I should just sell the damned Defenders and buy Toyota.

hopefully you've got a e-mail from me reference the list of parts :D

Phone calls that cost money??? What a silly idea. I thought that only happened when the dinosaurs roamed the earth. If he can hook up to the internet, he can call for basically nothing.

Seriously though. He has special needs for shipping and is posting from somewhere that the filters may grab onto. Normally, these days, the filtering happens outside of the company and people may not see anything. He also has a problem of a credit card with an address other than where he lives. This sets off flags and prevents most online store software from accepting the order. It is all tied into the credit card companies fraud protection.

Phoning normally solves these problems.....

Phone calls that cost money??? What a silly idea. I thought that only happened when the dinosaurs roamed the earth. If he can hook up to the internet, he can call for basically nothing.

Seriously though. He has special needs for shipping and is posting from somewhere that the filters may grab onto. Normally, these days, the filtering happens outside of the company and people may not see anything. He also has a problem of a credit card with an address other than where he lives. This sets off flags and prevents most online store software from accepting the order. It is all tied into the credit card companies fraud protection.

Phoning normally solves these problems.....

We do 100% of our shopping via the internet. thousands and thousands of dollars a year. I have imported three boats, outboard motors, auto parts , gas grills, bed frames, kayaks, clothing, electronics, etc. etc. etc. Some companies refuse to ship outside their own country. Some refuse to ship to an address that is not the billing address on the credit card. These companies are being run by idiots. I prefer not to waste a lot of time with them.

The Credit card is not usually a problem with companies who understand how expats live. When it is an issue, we use a bank transfer.

As for calling, I am near deaf. Too many years of gunfire, diving, and rock and roll music. It's difficult for me to talk on the phone.. The UK is also five time zones ahead of me. Very limiting. Things discussed on the telephone are subject to interpretation at either end. If it's written in an email, it tends to be unambiguous. If companies do not want to export their merchandise and market over the internet, then they should not advertise themselves as that kind of company.

Having said all that, I see what you mean about spam filters. While I would think it pretty asinine that British companies would filter out sales inquiries about a British vehicle coming into their own designated sales email addresses from a British Overseas Territory, I certainly would not put it out of the realm of possibility.

I will try a fax.

It is the credit card companies that set the rules. Automatic online store system are setup based on the card rules. Did you place an order and have your card go through?

Because of the crazy increase in spam, most companies have filter before the servers. These are generic and there is no easy way to tell what is blocked. If YOU get on one of these generic lists, it becomes nearly impossible to get emails through to any company. This might not be the problem, but you never know.

It is the credit card companies that set the rules. Automatic online store system are setup based on the card rules. Did you place an order and have your card go through?

Because of the crazy increase in spam, most companies have filter before the servers. These are generic and there is no easy way to tell what is blocked. If YOU get on one of these generic lists, it becomes nearly impossible to get emails through to any company. This might not be the problem, but you never know.

Yep, I hear what you are saying, and in fact that might explain some things. Heck, if I could block emails from Nigeria....

(but then I wouldn't be getting all these fantastic offers from complete strangers who want to make me filthy rich..._)

Yes, with Rovers North I had no problem placing the order. The problem was their "company policy" was to only ship to the billing address on the credit card. Can you imagine a set of aluminum bonnet plates and a swing away tire carrier going to small Post Office Box in Miami? SO, in that case, I changed to a company called D.A.P. and they were great. They told me they would ship it anywhere I wanted it shipped. In that case, I had them send it to an air freight company in Miami, and they shipped it here to me. No problem. Took three days. Goodbye, Rovers North. They will never get any business from me.

I put all the info in a fax, and sent that to Craddock. So far, they are the only company I have found who have everything I need in their product list. Well, everything except the windscreen washer pump. They don't have that.

I very much appreciate the help from you guys, especially those who are offering to get personally involved. If I can do this directly with a supplier it will be the best way. Hopefully I will get an email from Craddock's sales people later today. I know they are open in the morning on Saturday. Or at least their website says they are. But then, their website has lied to me before....you know....

yes, and if I actually get a reply on Tuesday, it will make just shy of a week since I started trying to contact them.

It's a bank holiday here, Monday, too. I DO live in a British territory after all.

So do I but it isn't a bank holiday here :P

However I do sympathise with the fact that at least 80% of suppliers in the UK are absolutely ****ing stupid or unhelpful (or often both) when it comes to export orders. Our business tends to migrate to people that answer their emails for much the same reasons. Ones that ignore my second email usually don't get another chance. I do not wish to have to ring people either and I like evidence when somebody screws up. Our small ISP (run by Cable & Wireless) gets blacklisted by spam filters from time to time but it isn't a major problem - once they get told about the problem they usually get on to the people who run the filters and get it fixed. Yahoo were the biggest problem and took about 3 months to sort it out.

For most things to do with Land Rovers I would suggest Bearmach who as well as genuine or OEM parts do a ton of accessory stuff from various suppliers including Exmoor Trim. The guys I deal with are 110% helpful, responsive and bend over backwards to send stuff out asap, packed sensibly to survive (our post is the same as yours, either the squaddies kick it into the back of air air force plane or the Chileans play football with it) and at good prices. We buy rather a lot from them but they are highly recommended.

On the odd occasions I deal with them I've found Britpart to be helpful too and would probably have used them a lot more if Bearmach weren't so good. Some people here use Craddocks/Paddocks but we had a dozy experience with Craddocks many years ago and never bothered to go back.