twin snorkel

how can i put on a snorkle on the right side on a 200tdi

i was going to buy a 300tdi wing and snorkle and just get a pipe of some sort and try to hook it up or something

anybody know any better way or what pipe or any advise

It can be done.

As has been mentioned already, you can knock your own up for not a lot.

If you wanted a professional look, I dont expect it would be as cheap. You would either need to cut out the wing or get a whole new wing. Then you would need to modify your air-filter box to allow for the second hose connection. Then obviously, there is the cost of the second raised air intake itself.

It wont be THAT expensive, just not THAT cheap either!

If you search the forum, I think Diesel Jim had a thread on his twin set-up awhile ago.

HTH

Martin

how can i put on a snorkle on the right side on a 200tdi

i was going to buy a 300tdi wing and snorkle and just get a pipe of some sort and try to hook it up or something

anybody know any better way or what pipe or any advise

why would someone need twin snorkles? Any explainations guys!

I made my own offside snorkle for my 200tdi 90, I've just joined the turbo inlet to some flexi pipe to the sorkle, simples.

Chris :)

Love your 90 :D

Regarding the snorkel, it should be quite easy, make a hole in the wing, tube through it and connect it to something, well thats the theory lol, use a t piece from the other side if both are to feed the aerial or feed the heater with the second snorkel, anythings possible with a land rover

Dave

if you had two, and say rolled onto the side in a pond (as you do :P) would the water get sucked up in, or would the engine suck from the non submerged side??

now thats a good question :lol:

I'd assume that the engine would suck from the path of least resistance which would be the non submerged side but i'd guess if you used 2 small diameter pipes and the air was drawn from both because sufficient air couldn't be drawn from 1 then yes the water would be sucked in. Guess the answer to that is 2 large diameter pipes rather than 2 smaller pipes to make up the difference.

Dave