Side Repeaters (Indicators)

Hi all,

I have a 1992 200Tdi 90 and the offside front side repeater (indicator) isn't working. I'm assuming it's just the bulb because front and rear indicators are working fine. (I know it's dangerous to make assumptions where Land Rovers are concerned but hey, I'm an optimist :rolleyes: ).

I started to have a look how the lamp comes out of the wing last night and it appeared to be held on by double sided tape, does anyone know if this is correct? I think I've read in this forum that some are screwed on and some twist and pull off. Can anyone confirm which version mine should have please?

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

i know mine were on my RRC but the bulb holder twists out from inside the wing.

not sure if it would be the same on your 90 though.

Cheers Bobtail,

Double sided tape seems like a bit of a bodge to me, can't believe they'd be like that from the factory. Could just be that the proper fixing has broken and someone has used a bit of, shall we say, ingenuity. ;)

Regards,

Hi all,

I have a 1992 200Tdi 90 and the offside front side repeater (indicator) isn't working. I'm assuming it's just the bulb because front and rear indicators are working fine. (I know it's dangerous to make assumptions where Land Rovers are concerned but hey, I'm an optimist :rolleyes: ).

I started to have a look how the lamp comes out of the wing last night and it appeared to be held on by double sided tape, does anyone know if this is correct? I think I've read in this forum that some are screwed on and some twist and pull off. Can anyone confirm which version mine should have please?

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

later rectangular repeater lights are held by 2 pins into 2 plastic receptacles that press into the wing skin. you can prise the lense out carefully, mine have double sided car trim repair tape on them too.

or you could go the TD5 route of side indicator's like i have on mine they're flush with the bodywork as some will know and after doing quite a bit of offroading i still have'nt managed to knock them off of my 90

or you could go the TD5 route of side indicator's like i have on mine they're flush with the bodywork as some will know and after doing quite a bit of offroading i still have'nt managed to knock them off of my 90

Sounds like a good option. What mods have to be made to the wing, any pics, part no's ...?

I picked up my side indicator's off of e-bay for about £15 + p&p and then made a template out of cardboard using the rear of the side indicators, marked the hole out with a permanent marker pen and then cut the hole out where my original mounting holes were with a drill and filed the holes square to fit, just take your time and get it right as you don't really want to be replacing a outer wing because you've screwed the measurements up when cutting the hole out

Or you could always get hold of a td5 wing/s and it'd be right before you have to do any sorts of mod's to it

HTH

John

later rectangular repeater lights are held by 2 pins into 2 plastic receptacles that press into the wing skin. you can prise the lense out carefully, mine have double sided car trim repair tape on them too.

Hi all,

Turs out mine are like the ones Ralph describes here. The 2 plastic pins on the back of the lamp have broken off. I've cleaned everything up and will replace with the double sided tape, don't fancy buying new lamps when there's not really anything functionally wrong with the ones fitted.

OK I'm a cheapskate........ :ph34r::lol:

Mark.

I picked up my side indicator's off of e-bay for about £15 + p&p and then made a template out of cardboard using the rear of the side indicators, marked the hole out with a permanent marker pen and then cut the hole out where my original mounting holes were with a drill and filed the holes square to fit, just take your time and get it right as you don't really want to be replacing a outer wing because you've screwed the measurements up when cutting the hole out

Or you could always get hold of a td5 wing/s and it'd be right before you have to do any sorts of mod's to it

HTH

John

Thanks John, I might have given this a go next time I wipe the side indicator off my wing but at £15 v the £2.50 for the older unit and a bit of double sided tape I think I'll stick with old tech a while longer. Good to be aware of the options though and clearly it works for you. Cheers :D