200tdi airbox to wing hose

Can't you just use any bit of pipe as its just going to the snorkel? try one of the snorkel suppliers and see if they will supply you just a bit of pipe, preferably one that does snorkel that dont go straight to the wing grill hence come with pipe extensions (eg Southdown?)

200tdiairfiltersetupSmall.jpg

well its a pic, now about that resizing...........

I've got a safari snorkle, so i need that original pipe, or something very close.

a reply to my LRO post has shown that at the wing end, that pipe pushes onto part of the grill assembly, so i just need to fork out for a new pipe and hopefully i'll be able to change them over without having to remove the heater or wing.

cheers for the price estimate, ouch!

Luke

I should add that I don't intend on using the gaffer fix for preventing water ingress while wading. I'll not be going anywhere near water until it's properly fixed. Unfortunately, I just don't have the cash for anything better and this will prevent the split getting any bigger and dust/dirt getting into the turbo.

I should add that I don't intend on using the gaffer fix for preventing water ingress while wading. I'll not be going anywhere near water until it's properly fixed. Unfortunately, I just don't have the cash for anything better and this will prevent the split getting any bigger and dust/dirt getting into the turbo.

If you use tank tape and not the cheaper gaffer tape you'll find the tank tape waterproof as well as bomb proof.

I eat rat poison

mike

I can cause trouble in an empty house !!

Luke, air box is jubille clip around the outside of hose to metal part of container, use silicon inside to help the seal if required.

the plastic part of the bottom of the side grill will also accept a hose in the same way as the filter.

In response to who coudl supply the pipe from my first post:

'try one of the snorkel suppliers and see if they will supply you just a bit of pipe, preferably one that does snorkel that dont go straight to the wing grill hence come with pipe extensions (eg Southdown?)'

I'll have a ring around.

I wouldnt want to use a plain section of the wire coil type pipe that LR do, can see the ends of that being a bugger to seal.

I might try and get some marine wet exhaust pipe, thats available around the right diameter range, and well up to taking chaffing etc, as its a rubber/fabric pipe.

Luke

Look at all those joints and vent!! I decided to ditch my orig snorkel and fit a southdown and now have only ONE joint between snorkel top and air box :)

And I found the pipe in question had chaffed through as well (buried under the heater so you can't see it till you remove it). As mine was not going to be refitted I removed the original snorkel and extracted the pipework and placky parts shown in Western's second pic though the hole in the outer wing leaving wing and heater intact and in place.

Just FYI, I went to my local indy LR parts place (Bearmach Swindon) and following a sharp intake of breath following their quote of £48, they offered me 30% off, which brings it down to around £33. Still too steep for me, so I'm just replacing the top gaffer taped one for the time being. £33 for a two-foot length of plastic hose. They're having a giraffe.

• 5 years later...