Cost to galvanise a chassis

smo

The first trick would be to find a bath big enough to fit it all in. I think you would struggle.

Also, is your cage prepared with galvanising in mind? i.e drain and vent holes at all the right locations?

I think you would be better off dipping the chassis alone and then re attaching the cage afterwards.

The first trick would be to find a bath big enough to fit it all in. I think you would struggle.

Also, is your cage prepared with galvanising in mind? i.e drain and vent holes at all the right locations?

I think you would be better off dipping the chassis alone and then re attaching the cage afterwards.

Correctamondo....nobody in the UK has a bath that big! shame though, did consider it for mine

Ive had a look around and have found places that i think have the capacity, however for the tube diameter the vent/drain hole sizes required would screw the structural integrity of the cage, which is welded permenantly to the chassis and cannot be removed...

Looks like it will stay painted then!

cego galvanising at witham in essex have a large hot dip tank i think there now called wedge i know its a long way from you failing that get it blasted and a good 3 coat epoxy paint finish chris.

See for the drain hole thing why not just seal up the cage totaly and just galv the outside of the cage :) or is that what you had in mind?

Sealed things and hot dip galvanising dont mix, they tend to have the potential to go bang which means the glav companies wont touch them.

You also tend to find that if the galve company dont think you've got enough holes in things then they get the drill out and drill em for you. Unfortunately usually where you dont want them!!!

IMHO it would be impossible to galavanise a roll cage such that it would still pass any sort of scruitineering due to the requirements to drill holes.

Jon