ROAD TAX in Budget

western

to Quote the front page of the Metro this morning

"Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott arrives fro the briefing in his trademark Jaguar. However, he had the last laugh - it runs....on lpg and - after the Budget - is exempt from road tax"

WTF - I missed that - can anyone confirm - I couldn't see it in Westerns links

And i will bump the parentals off (less inheritance tax)

and have another kid (more child benifit)

so along with my representing my country in the td5 gas gussling dodggy knee driving team (next opympics) as above

i am sorted thanks! ;)

Oh i forgot!... having another knee op on April 4th (that is if theres anyone still working at our local Hospital!?) LOL!

Guest diesel_jim
I have put mine and my TD5 names down for the Olympics !

HRH Gordie is giving more money to us sporty types! LOL!

It's about bloody time they did spend some money on athletics for people in this country. If you watch the athletics (i'm a big fan of) you see that UK always seems to come 4th, 5th or just plain last in the events, wheras the US, and rest of europe (where they are supported by their government and have good training facilities) really perform well.

It's a shame that it's only because of the 2012 olympics that B Liar is actually putting his hand in our pockets and helping. no wonder we've got so many porky overweight blubber brats loitering around!

Then when the olympics do come, he's be giving it all the "We've done so well...blah blah" just like he did with the stupid football! :rolleyes:

£175 tax???? Is that per quarter???

Try doing that in Ireland:

2000 TD5 Family discovery: €875 (£580)

1986 3.5 V8 Range Rover €1300 (£900) ( I kid you not)

The only beak is my 109 is 1974, and thus attracts vintage tax at €42 for the year.

Now thats insane... Mind you, our diesel is about 10% cheaper than UK. If I do 400,000 miles a year, I break even... :huh:

des :rolleyes:

Yesterday morning I retaxed the bike using the online service for the first time - seems like I saved myself £2 as well as not having all the hassle of queueing up in the post office :D

On the 110 I lose out by £5 it seems but on the Mercedes, VEL goes down from £85 a year to £50 as far as I can tell :D:D:D

Must get round to getting a dating certificate for the Stag as it qualifies for free VEL as it was constructed in 1972 but not registered until 1973. Has anyone got experience in getting hold of proof of build date? I think you can get something from Gaydon.

"Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott arrives fro the briefing in his trademark Jaguar. However, he had the last laugh - it runs....on lpg and - after the Budget - is exempt from road tax"

Probably drops into Band A 'Alternative fuel' on the emissions levels, but I bet it still runs on petrol as well. :unsure:

BAND-------CO2---------------Diesel Car-------Petrol Car--------Alternative Fuel Car

A--------Up to 100---------------£0.00-------------£0.00-----------------£0.00

Edited by western

Any idea how this will affect all of those who drive ex MoD and similar vehicles on age related plates? I drive a 1992 build 110, not given a civilian registration until 2002.

Answers on a postcard to ...

Glue

Any idea how this will affect all of those who drive ex MoD and similar vehicles on age related plates? I drive a 1992 build 110, not given a civilian registration until 2002.

Answers on a postcard to ...

Glue

Could try to get a age related plate or contact DVLA/VOSA for advice.

There'll be loads of vehicles with queries like this for example hybrid LR's that have been SVA'd after March 2001.

As far as I could see alternative fuel (I presume this would cover LPG) was cheaper but certainly not free. Can't find the detailed pages on the BBC website now, though - in fact they've pretty much buried the budget already... :blink: