dashboard light logos

isbjorn

Hi. Well got a new defender now. feels good. So its time to start on the cosmetics. Im trying to fins somewhere I can buy the instrument panel lights logos to stick on my dashboard lights.

Explanation:

Usually there is a white outline around the dashboard lights (oil, diff, headlights, lights, battery and so forth. But on mine td5 its nothing. Is there anywhere I can get hold of this? And are they usually behind the glas, or mounted in front like a sticker (I assume its a sticker)?

thanks

(Not my dashboard on the photo, its from a older defender I found on the web)

post-11398-125269328508.jpeg

Aren't Td5 ones supposed to be 'stealth' lights, in that they don't appear until they are lit?

maybe, that would explain a bit. Still like my old 200tdi dash better. But it sound a bit weird, whats the point in not showing the different lights...

Hi. Well got a new defender now. feels good. So its time to start on the cosmetics. Im trying to fins somewhere I can buy the instrument panel lights logos to stick on my dashboard lights.

Explanation:

Usually there is a white outline around the dashboard lights (oil, diff, headlights, lights, battery and so forth. But on mine td5 its nothing. Is there anywhere I can get hold of this? And are they usually behind the glas, or mounted in front like a sticker (I assume its a sticker)?

thanks

(Not my dashboard on the photo, its from a older defender I found on the web)

thats a Td5 warning light panel. the panel stays black/unlit unless a system is operated for example indicator right only shows when selected.

File0464-1.jpg

the info with the orange slash, is what I've used the respective lights for on my 200Tdi 110, the lights are leds instead of 1.2watt bulbs & show much better in bright daylight.

the top left amber engine is Td5 engine managment fault light

the lower red engine/lightining flash light is the immobiliser fault light

Top row :

MIL (check engine), glow plug, oil pressure, Left indicator, Battery / charge, high beam, low fuel (9l or less), right indicator, park brake or low brake fluid, ABS (check / fault), Traction control.

Bottom row :

????, rear fog lamp, engine immob (flashes if immob and tried to start), rear heated screen (option), diff lock, hazard, tralier (indacator will flash once when even no tow pack connected), lights (side and main), transfer (or gear?) box temp (if fitted), water in fuel filter (sensor if fitted), ????