AWDC Coney green

Tangoman

Thank you to the AWDC for another great day.

I for one had a great day small site but vey well set out and I drove home ,thats always a great day as far as i am concerned a bit cold on the way home as i smashed a window but all i did to the truck was the window and a mirror so this time no good reason for my poor score i'm just carp what did everybody break

See you at the next one

O a very big thank to les you worked your a** off he won't read this until wednesday because he will be sleeping.

not sure what we broke - apart from a winch cable and possibly a auto gearbox - as there be no ATF left in it. The site was pretty good, didn't like the ups bit too much though.. a tad tiring to keep running up and down them.

Looks like you need to start fitness training that Les, may I suggest that he pulls the rangie for a few miles every week, that'll get him fitter and faster. :D

I for one had a great day small site but vey well set out and I drove home ,thats always a great day as far as i am concerned a bit cold on the way home as i smashed a window but all i did to the truck was the window and a mirror so this time no good reason for my poor score i'm just carp what did everybody break

See you at the next one

O a very big thank to les you worked your a** off he won't read this until wednesday because he will be sleeping.

not sure what we broke - apart from a winch cable and possibly a auto gearbox - as there be no ATF left in it. The site was pretty good, didn't like the ups bit too much though.. a tad tiring to keep running up and down them.

Looks like you need to start fitness training that Les, may I suggest that he pulls the rangie for a few miles every week, that'll get him fitter and faster. :D

I don't think I'm in any position to remark on my co-drivers fitness really

Hi Nick,

Have you warmed up yet after that drive home :lol:

Did you get any snow on your way home :( as we saw plenty

Washed motor of on monday morning and found we had lost the CB aerial :angry:

can't find were we are lossing oil out of the auto box yet, that can wait till the weekend.

See you at round 3.

Mant thanks to all involved in organising the weekend.

we thoroughly enjoyed the day, apart from when Steve disappeared backwards rapidly after we accidentally removed a brake line after getting one of the punches.

apart from that and the clutch giving trouble all day, we escaped almost unscathed.

really good site, nowhere near as crowded as we expected!!

roll on round 3!

As per all the other comments this was possibly the best (winch challenge) site that I have as yet been to.

I still managed to drive to quite a few punches though even if I when slightly past them and slid back down to them :D

As for Breakages er um well

2 cv Joints my fault reversing up to a punch with lockers in when I could have easily drove down to it.

Front winch rope twice, when you are in a hole putting ladders down first would have grately imploved my chance of getting grip.

knots in rope wont pull through a snatch block by the way :)

Badly damaged splines on one of my 1/2 shafts when the cv grenaded its self :(

1 pasenger wing mirror (damn trees) I think I need to make that quick release in the future.

I was realy impressed with my auto box and I am so far convinced that it was an exellent decision to change to auto for off road use.

Running my tyres at 10 psi worked exelently I think even though I had some odd looks when my vehicle was tied down to the trailer with "flat tyres".

Just writing to thank you all for the Get Well card and your kind wishes for my recovery after the bike accident; :angry: they were very much appreciated and I look forward to seeing you all at Harptree either as a competitor or a spectator - time will tell and I am not doing too badly at the moment.

Best Regards

Paul C.

Just writing to thank you all for the Get Well card and your kind wishes for my recovery after the bike accident; :angry: they were very much appreciated and I look forward to seeing you all at Harptree either as a competitor or a spectator - time will tell and I am not doing too badly at the moment.

Best Regards

Paul C.

Glad you are making such a speedy recovery Paul - and welcome to the forum - I bet you're discovering allsorts of interesting things on the Internet while you're off work <_<

Look forward to seeing you at West Harptree

Neil

See you at the next one

great event and a super weekend but for the generator and the barking dog only broke front rope 4 times :angry: so gave ss2 a miss, see you all at westharptree

great event and a super weekend but for the generator and the barking dog only broke front rope 4 times :angry: so gave ss2 a miss, see you all at westharptree

Did you see my pictures John?

I'll get round to emailing you somewhen...

Simon

Did you see my pictures John?

I'll get round to emailing you somewhen...

Simon

hi simon, i looked on your website pics look good :D dont forget to bring me some cider to westharptree to knot me out incase anyone brings a genny or a dog <_< see you there.cheer john