why so slow ???????

bit off topic, but my navara had this, changed fuel filter blah blah blah. it turned out to be a gauze thimble type filter inside the fuel union in the injection pump. i took it out and cleaned the carp out and it was fine after that.

not sure if these have this, but it wont take long to check.

is your truck gutless, or is it just down on speed. maybe you have a dragging caliper/handbrake stuck a bit/hole in intake gasket.

it does not sound dire, just annoying when they dont go as they should.

richard

it turned out to be a gauze thimble type filter inside the fuel union in the injection pump.

A 200Tdi doesn't have such a filter. Neither does the 2.5NA, 2.5TD or 300Tdi.

I'm with Mr Wingnut on this, as changing the cambelt on mine showed up that PO* had adjusted timing to suit a very worn belt, so new belt retarded the timing again. 55 flat out before, now I can get near book speed (60 :lol: )

* Previous Owner. Also SPO, Sodding Previous Owner.

sounds like the max fuel screw has been turned down to far by some one in the past for econimy or mot test ,had this on a prima made boost but no fuel to make power .once i had incresed the fuel all was well.disco injection pumps can be fitted but the drive needs removing and refiting in as some are set in a difrent position so as to ston them deen a direct swop on 200 .

i done the cam belt to check the cam timing it was spot on all timed up via auto data the fuel pump adjustment screw still has the locking wire and sill on it .i got the vehicle from my mates dad who has had this vehicle from 1 year old with full land rover history he sold it to me very very cheep as he said its down on power and dont pull that well any more but the engine sounds sweet for a diesel with no missfires poor starting etc ive done every thig i can think of and checked things 3 times over now even if you rev it at stand still it seams a bit flat and it dose not put out ANY smoke at all not even at start up

last thing to try is a fuel pump i think. if that dont fix it i will just brake it up for spares

Hi,

Have you looked at the wastgate, had a problem with my 300tdi no power no smoke no get up and go(standard 110 300TDI), turned out to be the linkage for the wastgate had broken and you could only feel by hand as its under the turbo which ment the manifold had to come off to repair. Three snapped exhaust studs and much swearing later problem fixed and normal power and get up and go back, (and the intake manifold gasket was split in two places).

This was after all the usual items, check timing, air filter, fuel filter, fuel lines, air intake pipes, fuel pick up pipe, lift pump, i went looking at the fuel side as the problem i had was NO SMOKE. Could only get 45-50mph max

• 1 month later...

all fixed atlast it was the pin in the high pressure fuel pump it was seized so it was not giving it extra fuel on boost so i took the pump apart and un seized it fitted it all back to gether and gave it a road test and it went like stink no problems getting to 60 mph now

p.s a big thanks to every one for there help